Submit a Session or Workshop Proposal for NAFSA 2024
Each year, the NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo hosts over 150 sessions and 40 workshops. By presenting at an annual conference, you’ll have the opportunity to build your professional network and share your experience and ideas with others.
NAFSA’s attendees represent a diversity of experiences and perspectives in international education:
- approximately 8,000 attendees from across disciplines
- a wide array of professional experience, with more than 60% having more than 5 years in the field
- 40% international, from over 100 countries
Still not sure if you should submit a session or workshop proposal? Read more about participant expectations of NAFSA session presenters and workshop trainers.
We are unable to accept any proposals that are not submitted via our submission portal. Use the link below to start a proposal.
Proposal Topic Areas
Each proposal will be asked to select one of each of the following:
In your session proposals, please select an intended session length of either 25 or 50 minutes. Presenters should take care to choose a session length and room arrangement appropriate for their proposal.
- 50-minute sessions are the average length of our sessions and most accepted proposals fall into this category. Up to 4 presenters, including the Chair, are allowed in this type of session.
- 25-minute sessions 25-minute sessions are a unique opportunity to propose a topic that is highly engaging and fast-paced. Proposals on model practices around one of the <em>NAFSA International Education Professional Competencies 2.0</em> or that are career-focused are encouraged in this format. Please note, these proposals can only have up to two presenters, including the Chair.
Evaluation Rubric and Review Process
Reviewers are responsible for reading 5-15 proposals, depending on the topic, with the final selections being made by the ACC.
Each proposal will be rated on a scale of 1-5 for:
- How well do the title, abstract, and learning objectives align with each other
- How likely it is that the format and delivery methods selected will allow participants to achieve the stated learning objectives, including audience engagement appropriate to the objectives
- How knowledgeable the presenter(s) are on the topic
- How likely you would be to attend or recommend someone attend this session if placed on the program, given the limited number of slots available and the high volume of proposals received
Each proposal submission must also maintain compliance with the NAFSA submission policies listed on the proposal form.
NAFSA Proposal Submission Policies
All session, workshop, and poster presenters are required to adhere to NAFSA’s terms and conditions.