Effective January 18, 2009, all aliens will be required to be enrolled in USVISIT when they enter the United States, with the exception of Canadian citizens applying for admission as B1/B2 visitors, and those specifically exempted under DHS regulations. The following classes of aliens, among others, will become subject to USVISIT requirements:
- Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs)
- Aliens seeking admission on immigrant visas.
- Refugees and asylees
- Certain Canadian citizens who receive a Form I94 at inspection or who require a waiver of inadmissibility.
- Aliens paroled into the United States.
- Aliens applying for admission under the Guam Visa Waiver Program.