Updated: November 30, 2011
SEVP has been instructing schools to update their Forms I-17 with all “instructional sites,” even if those sites do not constitute campuses. This NAFSA practice resource is meant to assist schools in managing their Form I-17 given this SEVP policy.
- Brief background.
- What is the basis of SEVP’s position that a school must include non-campus instructional sites on its Form I-17?
- SEVP’s evolving position.
- Some practical implications of SEVP’s non-campus instructional site policy.
- Use of the Add New Campus function in SEVIS.
- Site visits and site visit fees.
- I-20 issuance and transfers.
- DSOs and instructional site staffing questions.
- Accreditation and licensure questions.