|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|April 15 - 16, 2021||2:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Register Today|
Do you know how to respond when a crisis impacts your study abroad students? In education abroad programming and implementation, staff must be ready to manage a range of crises that may occur. In this workshop, participants will explore ways to assess risk, reduce risk potential, and respond to crises more effectively.
- Assess the probability and impact of potential risk factors tied to education abroad programs, destinations, and participants.
- Reduce risk potential and impact by developing policies, practices, and ongoing training of onsite and campus staff, program leaders, and participating students.
- Develop and follow a standard protocol in response to an active crisis.
- Engage partners in the ongoing development of stronger crisis management practices.
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation
- Crisis Response
- Ongoing Risk Management
What Participants Are Saying
- The presenters were very personable, professional, but also able to add humor to the session which was great.. -2017 Annual Conference workshop participant
- The workbook is a great takeaway for me to share with my colleagues to support my recommendations for improving crisis management in our office. It was very helpful to look at a case study and hear other people's suggestions. -2017 Annual Conference Workshop Participant
Education abroad professionals with fewer than five years in the field or who have recently gained new responsibilities in risk assessment and crisis management.