|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|December 8 - 9, 2022||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Registration Closed|
Increase your knowledge of nonresident tax compliance with this comprehensive overview. All of the critical tax concepts are included as well as model practices on how to build a collaborative team across your campus to support student, scholar, and institutional compliance. Learn from experts in the field while you build your skills and networking base in this key advising area.
- Interpret fundamental nonresident alien tax concepts and issues.
- Evaluate your role in working collaboratively in ensuring institutional NRA tax compliance.
- Administer programming to orient and advise international students and scholars on maintaining U.S. tax compliance.
- Outlining the importance for international educators
- Advocating for international students and scholars
- Planning and collaborating
- Creating and utilizing resources
- Tax system/reporting compliance
- Mitigating risks and maintaining compliance
What Participants Are Saying
- "The workshop provided helpful information and resources for me to at least know what the tax reporting requirements are for our students and scholars." - Annual Conference workshop participant
- "NRA Taxes is one of the most frustrating processes, along with medical insurance, for me as an ISS adviser; this workshop helped calm a lot of my anxiety/frustrations and provided me with the straightforward information and processes." - On-site workshop participant
- "This is an area I have wanted to understand more fully from the international student point of view. Being able to hear of other examples of handling questions around F-1 presence at the various schools was just invaluable." - Annual Conference workshop participant
International educators, student service professionals, and administrators who work with and need a better understanding of nonresident alien tax issues and maintaining institutional compliance.
Build Your Competencies
NAFSA International Education Professional Competencies 2.0 outline the abilities, skills, and foundational knowledge necessary for successful international educators. Learn more about NAFSA Competencies 2.0.
This learning content targets the competency categories of Compliance Management and Recruitment, Enrollment, and Advising.