A variety of organizations and institutions provide scholarships and grants for study abroad from the United States. Many provide assistance that is targeted to specific student populations (underrepresented student groups; African Americans; Asian Americans; Latino/Latina Americans; Native Americans; students with disabilities; gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered students).
The following list is a sampling of Web sites with information and resources on multiple scholarships and grants. These Web sites provide a good starting point for research on the many study abroad scholarship opportunities available.
Note: This list is not exhaustive and is meant to provide a starting point for your research. No endorsement by NAFSA: Association of International Educators is intended or is to be inferred.
Sites with Searchable Databases
- College Board general scholarship search engine: Free online scholarship database.
- Diversity Abroad Scholarships & Grants: Free database of scholarships that target minority, low-income and first-generation students
- FastWeb: Free online scholarship database.
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding:Free online database of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, and grants.
- Scholarships.com: Free college scholarship search and financial aid information resource.
- Federal Student Aid: U.S. government-sponsored scholarships and grants.
- Arcadia University: Lists scholarships open to non–Arcadia University students and non–Arcadia University program participants.
- University of Kansas Database of Scholarships: National and international scholarships for study abroad, starting on p.7 of the handbook.
- University of Minnesota-Learning Abroad Center - External Scholarships Database: Searchable resource of funding and scholarship opportunities.
- Black Excel: One of the largest scholarship and resource databases for African American students.