NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo Registration
NAFSA 2019 Registration Deadlines and Rates
Please note: All registrants must have a NAFSA ID and password to register for the conference. If you do not have a NAFSA profile and credentials, create an account now.
|March 1, 2019||Registration & Hotel Reservations Opens 12:00 p.m. EST|
|April 12, 2019||Early-Bird Registration Closes 11:59 p.m. EDT|
|May 31, 2019||On-Site Registration Closes|
2019 Registration Rates
(after April 12, 2019)
On-Site Registration Schedule
|Sat., May 25||4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.|
|Sun., May 26||7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Mon., May 27||7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
|Tue., May 28||7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
|Wed., May 29||8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
|Thu., May 30||8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.|
|Fri., May 31||8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
Questions about Registration?
|Domestic (U.S.) Phone Number||1-888-769-7862|
|International Phone Number||240-439-2960|
|General Registration E-mail||[email protected]|
|Exhibitor Registration E-mail||[email protected]|
Methods of Payment
- Make your conference registration check payable in U.S. dollars (drawn on a U.S. bank) to NAFSA 2019.
- Institutional checks must indicate names of participants. Any check received without names will be returned to the institution with a request for clarification.
- NAFSA accepts American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards as forms of payment.
- Complete credit card information must be provided with online registration or on the registration form .
- Institutional purchase orders are not accepted as payment.
- Wire transfers will be accepted for registrants outside the United States. For more information, please contact NAFSA's accounting department at +1.202.737.3699, ext. 2560, or [email protected].
- Traveler's checks in U.S. dollars are accepted as payment only at on-site registration.
- Registration forms will not be processed without full payment.
- Faxed or online registrations will be considered originals. Do not mail your registration form after you have registered by fax or online, as your credit card may be charged more than once.
- Individuals may register for a single day's attendance using the daily registration rates. Daily rates will give you access to all of that day's offerings.
As an IE professional with over 15 years in the field I continue to see the NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo as the highlight of my year!Kati Anderson Bell, Dominican University of California
Included in Full Conference Registration
Open to all full conference registrants:
- Four plenary addresses
- Expo Hall and the NAFSA Pavilion
- Sessions and seminars
- Knowledge Community networking receptions
- Poster fairs
- Knowledge Community update meetings
- Member Interest Group meetings
- Regional meetings
- Open meetings and roundtables
- Opening Celebration and Closing Celebration
- NAFSA 2019 App download
- Career Center
- Campus visits
- U.S. Higher Education Partnership Fair
- Africa Forum
- Atlantic World Forum
- Coffee Breaks
Requires an Additional Fee
Detailed programming information for NAFSA 2019 will be posted when available.
Please request accessibility services when you register. When making hotel reservations, be sure to communicate your needs in the “Room Type Requested” area of the form. For further assistance, please visit www.nafsa.org/accessibility, or submit an Accessibility Services Request Form.
Additional information about accessibility services at NAFSA 2019 can be found in the Support Services section of the Conference FAQs.
Confirmation and Registration Materials
NAFSA will send registration confirmation via e-mail to those who preregister. Please bring your confirmation with you to the conference. Preregistered attendees may stop by NAFSA Registration located in the Convention Center to pick up registration materials, which include tote bag, conference program, name badge, and tickets.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Changes to Registration
- Cancellation or request for changes to conference registration, workshop registration, and registration for Unique Learning Opportunities must be made in writing and received no later than Friday, May 24, 2019. Any cancellations received after May 24 will not be refunded.
- Refunds, if approved, will be processed four to six weeks after the conference.
- If payment is made by credit card, a credit will be issued to your credit card account; otherwise, a refund check will be issued.
- There are no refunds for special event registrations unless the event is sold out or cancelled.
- A $100 (USD) cancellation fee will be deducted from conference registration refunds and a $100 (USD) cancellation fee will be deducted from workshop and NAFSA Signature Program registration refunds up to a $200 (USD) maximum deduction for multiple cancellations. Changes to a preconference workshop registration will result in a $25 change fee per workshop. If NAFSA cancels a workshop, you will receive notification of the cancellation and a full refund.
- All requests for changes, cancellations, and refunds must be made in writing and received no later than Friday, May 24, 2019. Please send requests by e-mail to [email protected], by fax to +1.301.694.5124, or mail to:
Attn: NAFSA 2019
5202 Presidents Court, Suite G100
Frederick, MD 21703 USA
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
NAFSA will build a photo, quote, and video library of the NAFSA 2019 Annual Conference & Expo. As a participant in this event, you may be photographed in group shots. NAFSA has the right to use group images in photographs, videotapes, and electronic reproduction. In the event that we interview, film, and record your words, NAFSA will seek your express permission.
NAFSA will use eventBit® technology at the NAFSA 2019 Annual Conference & Expo. eventBit® will help NAFSA learn more about conference attendee interests in order to ensure high-quality, relevant, and innovative content, programs, and services meet the diverse needs of the international education community. Learn more about how this information will help professionals like you.
NAFSA membership allows the dues-paying individual of record (whether personal or institutional payment) to receive the special member rate. Member pricing for conference registration and other conference events is available only to members in good standing whose current membership expires on or after June 30, 2019. The last date to transfer NAFSA membership from one person to another within an institution is February 24, 2019. After that date, membership may be transferred in the new dues year, beginning July 1, 2019. The only exception is for staff members who leave the institution of record; such cases will be handled on a case-by-case basis by NAFSA's Communications and Advancement Department.
NAFSA members will save $300 when registering for the full conference. Become a member when you register for the conference and take advantage of member pricing. Visit www.nafsa.org/membership for a list of all of the benefits of NAFSA membership.
Questions about membership? E-mail [email protected] or call +1.202.737.3699.