Join us for the 2019 Regional Conference in Orlando, Florida.
November 17 - 20, 2019
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830Register Today
We're excited about our 2019 NAFSA Region VII Conference coming up at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, November 17-20, in Orlando, Florida.
Register before October 11, 2019 to receive the early-bird registration rate.
Welcome from the Orange County Mayor
Mayor Jerry L. Demings welcomes you to Orange County and the entire Orlando metro area. Read the full letter.
View the conference schedule, registration rates, and online program.
Learn more about the preconference workshops and the HBCU Forum.
Explore the special conference events and networking opportunities that await in Orlando.
Conference Registration and Rates
The early-bird registration rate ends on October 11, 2019.
|Full Conference||Single Day||Full-Time Student or
NAFSA Academy Participant
|Members: Early-bird* $299 / Late: $379||Member: $249**||$99**|
|Nonmember: Early-bird* $379 / Late: $499||Nonmember: $269**|
|*Early-bird rate ends: October 11, 2019||**Fixed rate, regardless of registration date|
Hotel Reservations and Parking
- Take advantage of negotiated room rates at our host hotel.
- Please be aware that Hilton requires pre-payment of your first night deposit soon after you make a reservation. Please plan accordingly.
- Cut-off date for conference room rate: Oct. 25, 2019
- Self-parking with discount: $17.60 / night plus 6.5% tax
Travel to Orlando
- Airport: Orlando International Airport (airport code: MCO) is located 17 miles from the conference hotel
- Hotel: 1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Ground Transportation: Ride-share services cost appx. $35, airport to hotel. The link also connects to rental cars, taxis and transit options.
- Explore the special group discounts for NAFSA Region VII Conference attendees
- Tickets purchased through this site only are valid: Nov. 10 - 27 (7 days before and after our conference)
- Site expires: Nov. 16, 2019
- Ticket prices subject to approximate 5% increase Jul. 16, 2019
Note the seasonal rates in effect before and after the conference:
- Regular: Nov. 10 - 15, Sunday - Friday
- Peak: Nov. 16, Saturday
- Regular: Nov. 17 - 22, Sunday - Friday
- Peak: Nov. 23 - 30, Saturday - Saturday
All Conference Dessert Reception and Closing Fireworks Celebration at Epcot!
NAFSA Region VII Annual Conference attendees will be treated to a spectacular evening of deserts, drinks, and fireworks! Please join us.
- 7:15pm – 8:00pm: Shuttle Buses from Conference Hotel to Epcot Center
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm: Desserts and Drinks
- 9:00pm – 9:30pm: Exclusive access to view Disney’s newest fireworks show – Epcot Forever
- 9:30pm – 11:00pm: Free access to Epcot for Extended Magic Hours; buses will return to the hotel during this time for attendees.
*Attendees are encouraged to consider purchasing an “After 5 PM” ticket to go to Epcot early, before the Dessert Reception. Epcot is holding its annual International Food & Wine Festival during the Region VII Conference, and it will be a great time to get dinner and a drink with colleagues before the All Conference Dessert Reception. Purchasing of the “After 5PM” will not prohibit you from joining the All Conference Event. Just make sure to bring your conference lanyard.
“After 5 PM” tickets are less than $65 (before tax) and will grant access to Epcot from 5:00 – 11:00pm. When purchasing tickets, make sure to select “Partial Day Product.”
Get tickets for Epcot and all Disney Parks for evening outings and for any part of your stay using our special discount rate: https://www.mydisneygroup.com/nafsar72019. This is a great time of year for a family vacation as it is not peak season and less crowded.
Exhibitors, Sponsorship and Advertisers
NAFSA Region VII invites you to exhibit, sponsor, and advertise at the 2019 Regional Conference. By joining us in Orlando, you will have the opportunity to connect your organization to approximately 650+ international educators from the Southeast region and The Caribbean. The 2019 Exhibition Flyer will be available for review at a later date.
For questions about exhibiting, advertising or sponsorship please contact Carolina Robinson, Region VII Development Coordinator.
Region VII Award Nominations
Each year during the annual business meeting, Region VII recognizes the contributions of community volunteers and outstanding colleagues who exemplify excellence in international education. The annual awards are as follows: Community Volunteer Award; International Excellence Award; New Professional Award. Award descriptions and online nomination forms are here.
Region VII Grants
Region VII offers travel grants to support attendance at our regional conference, and also offers support to participate in our HBCU Forum. You are urged to apply, especially if you are from two-year colleges; Historically Black Colleges and Universities; minority-serving institutions (MSI's), including Hispanic-serving institutions and tribal colleges; first-time attendees; public institutions with significant budgetary constraints; and/or first time grantees or awardees. Learn more about Region VII grants.
Region VII needs your help in collecting donated items, goods and services from your campus or organization. Additional information TBA.
- 2020: Birmingham, Alabama
- 2021: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2022: Charlotte, North Carolina
Stay Connected Globally and Locally
New Members Save $260 on Your First Year
Regional Conference Cancellation Policy
Conference registration and/or workshop registration may be canceled with full refund less a $30 processing fee, provided written notification is received any time up until four (4) weeks prior to the conference start date.