Grants Through Region VII
CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANTS
Travel grant applications are NOW OPEN until September 15, 2022.
To apply, click here.
TRAVEL GRANT INFORMATION
Participating in the NAFSA Region VII Conference provides an opportunity to acquire and exchange information. It is also an excellent way to begin building a personal network of contacts in the field of international education. To assist in achieving professional development goals, NAFSA Region VII is pleased to offer travel grants to individuals attending the NAFSA Region VII conference. For more information regarding the conference, visit the conference website.
Grant Amounts: awardees will have the early-bird conference registration fee waived, plus up to $300 in reimbursable travel expenses. The funds for travel expenses are reimbursed based on actual costs as indicated on submitted receipts.
Special consideration are given to individuals from two-year colleges and/or Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions, including Hispanic Serving Institutions and Tribal Colleges; first time attendees; and/or state institutions with significant budgetary constraints. In most, if not all, cases, grants are awarded to those who have not previously received a grant or award from Region VII. Priority are given to applicants who work or reside in Region VII.
Recipients are expected to stay at the conference hotel and are recognized at the NAFSA Region VII Business Meeting and Luncheon.
Travel grants are intended to assist individuals who face the most severe constraints in finding travel support. Grants are awarded based upon the following criteria, in order of priority:
1. The strength of the following documents:
- Statement of Objectives
- Letter of Recommendation
2. Participant Status:
- Two-year Colleges
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions, including Hispanic Serving Institutions and Tribal Colleges
- First-time attendee, grantee, awardee
1. Complete the Region VII Conference Travel Grant Application here: https://form.jotform.com/221596271783161.
2. Include a Statement of Objectives. This statement should highlight the nature of your professional or volunteer work in the field of international education; your reasons for attending the conference; any relevant financial difficulties facing your office/institution; and how your attendance will benefit your institution and the students and/scholars with whom you work.
- If you are a community volunteer, please also describe your organization and list some of its program activities.
- If you are a student presenting at the Region VII conference, please list the session title(s) and the topic(s) you will be addressing.
NOTE: The application system may time you out while you are writing your Statement of Objectives below. We recommend that you write your Statement of Objectives in a separate document, then copy and paste the text into the text box below, to avoid losing any work.
3. Upload a Letter of Recommendation from your supervisor (or, if you are a student, from your international student adviser or study abroad adviser). This letter should comment on your involvement with international education activities and how attendance at the conference will assist in your work. You may upload this letter below, or you may have your supervisor email it to Jenifer Ruby, Chair-Elect, at [email protected] Remember that it must be received by the deadline.
4. Submit this complete application by the deadline, Thursday, September 15, 2022. For questions, contact: Jenifer Ruby, Chair-Elect, at [email protected]
Complete Applications must be received by Thursday, September 15, 2022.
Awardees will be notified by Friday, September 23, 2022; Early Bird Registration instructions will be provided in the notification email. Travel Grant Applicants should not register until after the award notification date (if you have registered prior to completing the Travel Grant Application, please email [email protected] for further instructions). Awardees who miss the Early-Bird Registration deadline will be responsible for the additional registration fee amount.