2016 Region II Regional Conference
View the full conference schedule here. You can also login and build your personalized schedule for the conference. The conference app. is also now available – click here for a guide to download and use the app. We recommend you update your profile, including your preference about whether or not other conference attendees can view your information and contact you. Note that a paper conference brochure will not be provided, so we encourage use of the app. If you do not plan to use the app. and want a full printed schedule, you can print the following document (but note that some details may change).
Quick Conference Overview:
- The conference dates are October 31- November 4, 2016 at the El Dorado Hotel and Spa in Santa Fe, NM.
- The opening reception will be the evening of Nov 1.
- Thursday, November 3, don’t miss the outing to “Meow Wolf”! Limited shuttle seats will be offered, or Uber on your own. Check out this video: The Meow Wolf Experience. Avoid long lines at the ticket counter! We encourage you to purchase your tickets to Meow Wolf in advanced, online.
- The conference officially ends after the regional breakfast meeting on Friday Nov. 4 at 9am.
- After the breakfast meeting on Nov. 4, consider extending your stay for the day trip to Taos, NM!
- Early bird Member $255
- Early bird Nonmember $325
- Early bird registration ends October 10, 2016, after this date fee rises to $325 (members) and $395 (non-members)
- Online registration ends October 30, 2016
- Registration on or after October 31, 2016 will be on-site only. Check or credit card required. We are unable to conduct cash transactions.
- Daily registration is $170
- For information on discounted fees, please visit the registration website
NAFSA pre-conference workshops will be Oct. 31, 2016 and Nov. 1
- F-1 Beginner, $250 members/$325 non-members
- F-1 Intermediate, $250 for members and $325 for non-members
- J-1 intermediate, $250 for members and $325 for non-members
Advancing and Evaluating Your International Student Orientation, $75 member/$125 non-member
- Tuesday November 1 from 1:00-5:00pm
- Description: An evaluation of International Student Orientation Learning Outcomes and Objectives will be presented from an Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences perspective using the ADDIE model of designing instruction. The workshop will also include best practices from an international immigration advisor and student services perspective and from two institutions.
El Dorado Hotel & Spa in Santa Fe is one of the premier Santa Fe hotels, where award-winning luxury and unexpected delights set the stage for an enchanting visit. The El Dorado hotel is conveniently located near the Historic Santa Fe Plaza, offering the perfect embodiment of the spirit of the city. We welcome guests to come experience our luxurious Santa Fe accommodations and amenities including on-site restaurant and bars, roof-top pool, more than 22,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space.
About Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico offers visitors world-class contemporary amenities in an authentic, beautiful, culturally and historically significant setting. Check out TOURISM Santa Fe for details on our wonderful host city!
Arriving to the Albuquerque Airport:
- Sandia Shuttle offers convenient shuttle service between Albuquerque International Airport and Santa Fe. Pick up and drop off at all hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts and other locations in Santa Fe, NM.
- Road Runner Shuttle can pick you up at the Albuquerque International Airport. Reservations required.
- Rental Cars can be reserved and picked-up at the Albuquerque Airport Rental Car Center. Shuttles run every 5 minutes from the commercial lane located outside the 1st level of the airport terminal building.
- Uber is available in New Mexico
Arriving to the Santa Fe Municipal Airport:
- Road Runner Shuttle: Also services rides from the Santa Fe Airport. Reservations required.
- Hotel Shuttles: Many Santa Fe hotels offer a free shuttle service to their guests. Contact your hotel directly for information on how to arrange a pick-up or drop-off.
- Rental Cars: Two rental car companies are located inside the airport terminal. Hertz: (800) 654-3131 and Avis: (800) 230-4898.
- Uber is available in New Mexico
- Taxis: Capital City Cab is the only taxi service in Santa Fe. For a pick-up call: 505-438-0000
- Within Santa Fe: Catch a free ride in the Santa Fe Plaza area with the Santa Fe Pick Up.
Additional travel information will be posted soon!
Additional Excursion to Taos
Join your colleagues for a day trip to beautiful and eclectic Taos, New Mexico!
- Depart El Dorado Hotel 9:45am, after the Breakfast Meeting
- We will be visiting the Earthships Community. The houses in this community is made from natural and upcycled materials and utilize natural resources, limiting the reliance on public utilities.
- We will be visiting Taos Pueblo. Taos Pueblo is a living Native American community that is designated as a World Heritage Site and a National Historic Landmark. The adobe buildings have been continuously inhabited for over 1,000 years!
- Lunch on your own in the Taos Plaza Area
- Return to the El Dorado Hotel around 6:00pm
- $35/person, includes transportation and entry to the Earthships community and Taos Pueblo.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Go to our new Sponsors and Exhibitors page for more information about how to participate in the Region II Conference.