NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Region II Community College Representative
Two years. Term begins in January, but will attend the Fall Conference Team Meeting just prior to assuming duties.
Member of NAFSA; commitment to serve and to attend regional and national conferences; confirmed institutional support for participation on Region II Team.
- Determine interests and needs of community colleges with respect to national and regional trends and issues;
- Represent the regional community college concerns to the Region II Chair and team;
- Keep abreast of other regions’ community college initiatives;
- Ensure community colleges are aware of resources available through the region and from the national office;
- Encourage and solicit session proposals for the Fall Conference;
- Assist the Region II Chair in conference programming;
- Identify potential contributors and promote their participation as presenters or potential Region II team members;
- Prepare and present at the Region II Team Meeting at the Fall Conference a written report of activities and issues facing community colleges;
- Work with State Representatives to promote participation in workshops, conferences, and other training opportunities at the national, regional and sub-regional levels;
- Help identify outstanding presentations in the field for inclusion in the national conference.
- Participate fully as a leader in NAFSA by attending the Region II Fall Conference and attending the Team Meeting, governance meetings and other sessions identified by the Chair as important; by attending the national conference and attending Region II Team meetings, sectional meetings, and the governance meetings and other sessions pertaining to important association business.