Region II Community College Representative
Two years. Term begins in January, but will attend the Fall Conference Team Meeting just prior to assuming duties.
Member of NAFSA; commitment to serve and to attend regional and national conferences; confirmed institutional support for participation on Region II Team.
- Determine interests and needs of community colleges with respect to national and regional trends and issues;
- Represent the regional community college concerns to the Region II Chair and team;
- Keep abreast of other regions’ community college initiatives;
- Ensure community colleges are aware of resources available through the region and from the national office;
- Encourage and solicit session proposals for the Fall Conference;
- Assist the Region II Chair in conference programming;
- Identify potential contributors and promote their participation as presenters or potential Region II team members;
- Prepare and present at the Region II Team Meeting at the Fall Conference a written report of activities and issues facing community colleges;
- Work with State Representatives to promote participation in workshops, conferences, and other training opportunities at the national, regional and sub-regional levels;
- Help identify outstanding presentations in the field for inclusion in the national conference.
- Participate fully as a leader in NAFSA by attending the Region II Fall Conference and attending the Team Meeting, governance meetings and other sessions identified by the Chair as important; by attending the national conference and attending Region II Team meetings, sectional meetings, and the governance meetings and other sessions pertaining to important association business.