NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Region VI All-Region Summit Content
Region VI Schedule-at-a-Glance
We look forward to seeing you on October 12-13 for the Region VI program at the NAFSA All-Region Summit! Please view the schedule below for a list of Region VI sessions and events. All events listed on the schedule are included in the price of registration.
Please Note: All information listed below is subject to change – check back regularly for the latest schedule and details about Region VI events and sessions.
Day 1: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 3:00 PM (EDT) – 7:00 PM (EDT)
- MIG Open Meetings – End the day by attending a member interest group open meeting at 6 PM! Advocacy, K12 International Educators, One Person Office, Rainbow SIG, Women & Leadership in IE, and Peace, Justice and Citizen Diplomacy MIG open meetings will all be available.
- Technology at its Best: A Pre-Orientation for International Graduate Students
- Which Game Do I Need?!: Student Engagement with Virtual Tools
- Advancing Peace and Justice: Fair Trade Learning as a Guide
- Career Integration: Collaboration between Study Abroad and Career Services
- Silver linings: Successfully adapting for virtual student recruitment
- The Convivial Framework for Intercultural Engagement and Learning
Day 2: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:00 AM (EDT) – 1:00 PM (EDT)
- End the day with our annual Region VI Business and Awards Ceremony at 1 PM (EDT).
- Building Intercultural Skills with Students & Faculty through Credentialing Programs
- Deepening Professional Skills: Applying Career Development Theory to Education Abroad
- 50 Shades of Gray Areas: Navigating the Nuances of the F-1 Federal Regulations
- Easier Said Than Done: Streamlining Departmental Applications for Exchange Visitors
- Is It Though?: Determining when "Best Practices" No Longer Are
- The Mental Exhaustion of People of Color within International Education and How to Create Equitable Spaces for Them
Each year, the fall season is marked as a time for NAFSAns across the United States to convene for professional development and networking at fall Regional Conferences. To assess the prospect of in-person conferences in 2021, NAFSA staff conducted extensive research, reviewed NAFSA regional leader feedback, and consulted liability experts. Based on our findings, and especially the deep concern for the safety of our community, the NAFSA Board of Directors has concluded that we will not convene our constituents in person for fall Regional Conferences. This was a challenging decision especially as we see the vaccine rollout continue, though our commitment to the health and safety of our community remains steadfast.
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the main landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region VI’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage.