NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
2022 Region X Conference
Empire State, Global Presence
The 2022 Region X Conference will be located in Albany, New York, at the Desmond Hotel Albany from October 22 - 26, 2022. Learn more about the Conference here!
Call for Proposals!
Proposal submissions open on Tuesday, April 26, 2022 and remain open until Monday, June 13, 2022 at 5 PM Eastern.
Submitters will receive a final decision on their proposal in late July 2022.
Submit your proposal early!
Region X is excited to announce incentives for the Call for Proposals for our upcoming Conference in Albany, sponsored by iTEP & J-Check!
Once submissions open on April 26th, be one of the first to submit a completed session proposal and you could win a $50 gift card! The first two session proposal submissions for each Knowledge Community are eligible to receive this prize (gift cards will be given to the lead presenter).
In addition, if your proposal is selected for the Region X Conference, you may be asked to present for one of our two State Conferences as well! If asked, note that you are not required to present at both the Region X Conference and State Conference if you prefer not to do so. If selected and you agree to present at your State Conference, registrations will be waived in a random drawing of two session presenters (one for the Upstate NY Conference and one for the Downstate NY/NJ Conference)! Learn more about our 2022 State Conferences!
More about our sponsor!
- Overview: English Proficiency testing for international admissions, IEP programs & J-Visa scholars, iTEP & J-Check provide English proficiency testing solutions for international admissions, IEP/ESL programs, and for J-Visa students/scholars. At-home and/or on-campus testing options available with comprehensive score reports in 24 hours or less guaranteed! Become an iTEP admissions partner school, IEP program partner, or J-Check J-Scholar school today!
- Website: www.itepexam.com
- Contact: Sherry Mazin [email protected]
- In addition to the above incentives, speakers will receive a discount for the 2022 Region X Conference registration depending on their proposal submission date.
- Confirmed speakers who submit early, by June 1, will receive 20% off registration!
- Confirmed speakers who submit between June 2 and June 13 will receive 10% off registration!
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the event landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region X’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage. You can access the event itself here.