Region X All-Region Summit Content
Region X Game Changers: Betting on the Future
We look forward to seeing you on October 5th and 6th for the Region X program at the NAFSA All-Region Summit! Please view the schedule below for a list of Region X sessions. All sessions listed on the schedule are included in the price of registration.
Please note: All information listed below is subject to change – check back regularly for the latest schedule and details about Region X events and sessions. We will provide updates shortly regarding the Region X newcomer session, fun events and the regional meeting.
Day 1: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 2pm – 7pm ET
- Don’t Go It Alone: Collaboratively Developing Adaptable Risk Management Resources
- Hot Topics in Advanced Employment-Based Immigration
- Economical International Recruitment Ideas: Partnering with US Government Agencies
- IE Challenges: Where have we been, where are we going?
- Online Global Learning: Equipping students for the future of work
- Are You Feeling Lucky: Options and Strategies for H-1B Lottery
- Preparing Students to Study Abroad More Sustainably
Day 2: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 9am – 2pm ET
- Checking In or Checking Out: Working remotely and staying connected
- Organizational Transformation and Professional Growth in Extraordinary Times
- Sponsored Student Placement Trends and Implications for International Enrollment Management
- Building a Career in International Education
- From Trump to Biden: Recapping Important Immigration Policy Changes
- “2021 Marketing Be Like…#HELP” Intentional Outreach/Marketing Strategies for Engaging Student Populations
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: Adapting to the New, Virtual IEM World
- The importance of International Education Advocacy during a Global Pandemic
- Leadership in the Office: Embracing opportunities & accepting challenges
- Silver linings: Successfully adapting for virtual student recruitment
NAFSA Region X will be running the Mentoring Program this year! The Region X Mentoring Program is designed to pair professionals that are new to international education and/or NAFSA with seasoned professionals in our region.
Mentors will be expected to serve as a resource to new NAFSA members beyond the regional conference and be available to answer questions related to various aspects of international education, including accessing resources, advocacy, and membership. Mentees will be expected to use their mentor as a resource in developing their knowledge in the field, with the goal of mentoring a future NAFSA newcomer when they gain the experience necessary to do so.
If you would like to participate in the Mentoring Program as either a Mentor or Mentee, please fill out and submit this Google Form no later than Wednesday, September, 29, 2021. Mentor/Mentee matches will then be introduced via email by Monday, October 4, 2021.
Mentors and Mentees will be encouraged to participate in a variety of events as part of the fall’s NAFSA All-Region Summit. You do not need to be registered for the NAFSA All-Regional Summit to participate in the Mentoring Program. Mentors and Mentees are expected to meet at least twice during the fall semester.
Each year, the fall season is marked as a time for NAFSAns across the United States to convene for professional development and networking at fall Regional Conferences. To assess the prospect of in-person conferences in 2021, NAFSA staff conducted extensive research, reviewed NAFSA regional leader feedback, and consulted liability experts. Based on our findings, and especially the deep concern for the safety of our community, the NAFSA Board of Directors has concluded that we will not convene our constituents in person for fall Regional Conferences. This was a challenging decision especially as we see the vaccine rollout continue, though our commitment to the health and safety of our community remains steadfast.
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the main landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region X’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage.