NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Region XI Position Descriptions
Join the Region XI Team
For 2023, we will be recruiting for the following positions. The description for each position can be found below.
Positions with 3-year Terms
- Chair Elect (Chair Elect --> Chair--> Past Chair). You must have served on the Region XI team previously to qualify.
- Special Project
- Regulatory Ombudsperson-Student
- Regulatory Ombudsperson-Scholar
- Maine State Representative
- New Hampshire State Representative
- Eastern Massachusetts Representative
- Rhode Island State Representative
- Connecticut State Representative
- Education Abroad- Knowledge Community Rep.
Positions with 2-year Terms
- Conference Chair Designate
- Exhibitor/Sponsor Coordinator Designate
The Application Process
Applicants should have the support of their institution/supervisor as described in their position description. To apply, you should submit a letter describing your interest in the position, your resume/CV, and two references (including your direct supervisor) as one PDF document to Region XI Past Chair, May Arthur. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, August 1st. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by early October. New team members are announced to the Region at the Regional Conference towards the end of October.
Below you will find descriptions of all Region XI Leadership Team positions; descriptions are updated at the end of each term.
- Conference Chair and Chair Designate
- International Enrollment Management Representative
- KCISSS Representative
- Education Abroad Representative
- Special Projects Chair
- Regulatory Ombudspersons
- State Representatives
- Communications Representative
- Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship Representative
- Exhibitor and Sponsorship Coordinator