NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Southern District Conferences
Southern District Virtual Conference
The Southern District is excited to present our first ever virtual conference! The virtual conference will provide you access to presentations in a webinar format from talented professionals all across our region from the comfort of your own office. We are proud that this virtual format has allowed us to reduce your registration and travel costs (the early bird registration fee is 38% lower this year!). Through our special group registration rates (see below) we hope to allow more access to the conference than ever before across the Southern District!
We look forward to seeing you at the conference and invite you to review conference details below.
The Virtual Conference will take place Friday, March 6, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. You will be able to access it from anywhere with an internet connection.
The exciting online platform used for the conference will allow for live chats among participants, presenters, and exhibitors.
Registration for this event has now closed.
Group discount deadline extended!
We encourage institutions with more than one registrant to take advantage of special group pricing to save up to 15%!
- Organizational 2 to 3 Participants: Receive 10% discount for group registration! Discount code must be requested prior to registration. Deadline to request discount code is Friday, February 28.
- Organizational 4 to 5 Participants: Receive 15% discount for group registration! Discount code must be requested prior to registration. Deadline to request discount code is Friday, February 28.
Special instructions for organizational groups:
- Group registration discounts have been extended to last until the close of registration (Monday, March 2).
- Requests for codes must be submitted by Friday, February 28 and must be redeemed by Monday, March 2.
- You must use a discount code and register everyone in your group at the time of registration to be eligible for the discount. Discounts codes cannot be applied retroactively.
- To request your discount code, please email the Southern District team with the subject line "Discount Code," the number of people you intend to register from your institution, and their names.
Exhibitors and Sponsors
The 2020 Southern District team wishes to extend hearty thanks to our Sponsors and Exhibitors for helping to make this event possible. Thanks to their contributions, and continued support of NAFSA Region XII (and especially the Southern District), we are able to keep the cost of attendance of this groundbreaking event to an absolute minimum! Please take a moment throughout your time at the conference to stop by their booths in the exhibitor hall and thank them for being a part of the conference!
International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
Foundation for International Services, Inc. (FIS)
- Pathways to Leadership Positions
- Simplify Your DSO Life
- Unpacking an International Experience
- Income Taxes: Basics Every International Student & Scholar Advisor Should Know.
- Maximize International Recruitment through U.S. Departments of State and Commerce
- The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman and How it Can Help You
- Creating a Communication Café That Benefits Multiple Constituencies
- Do Not Despair! Dealing with Delays and Denials
- Thinking Outside the Money Box: Scholarships for Highly Underrepresented Students Interning Abroad
- Virtual Possibilities:Increasing Access to Global Work Experience through Technology
- Education Abroad Access for ROTC Cadets and Student Veterans
- Applying Theories to Advising Practice or What's Your Pedagogical Flavor?
- Teaching & Modeling Sustainability Education Abroad
- Exploring Multiple Career Pathways in International Education: Teaching, Leadership, and Learning
- Top Mistakes Immigration Attorneys See F-1 Students Make
- Taking a blank canvas and turning it into a masterpiece: The art of designing faculty-led programs
- Top 10 Immigration Hot Topics in 2020
- Strategies to support retention of international students at community colleges