Southern District Conferences
Knowledge Community Events
Throughout the year, the Southern District knowledge communities may host different workshops or events. Please click on the links to the right, under Communities, to learn about upcoming events.
Southern District Virtual Conference
The Southern District is excited to present our first ever virtual conference! The virtual conference will provide you access to presentations in a webinar format from talented professionals all across our region from the comfort of your own office. We are proud that this virtual format has allowed us to reduce your registration and travel costs (the early bird registration fee is 38% lower this year!). Through our special group registration rates (see below) we hope to allow more access to the conference than ever before across the Southern District!
We look forward to seeing you at the conference and invite you to review conference details below.
The Virtual Conference will take place Friday, March 6, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. You will be able to access it from anywhere with an internet connection.
The exciting online platform used for the conference will allow for live chats among participants, presenters, and exhibitors.
- Individual: $50 Early Bird/$75 Regular
- Organizational Early Bird, 2 to 3 Participants: Receive 10% discount for group registration! Discount code must be requested prior to registration. Deadline to request discount code is Monday, February 3.
- Organizational Early Bird, 4 to 5 Participants: Receive 15% discount for group registration! Discount code must be requested prior to registration. Deadline to request discount code is Friday, February 3.
- Early bird registration ends on Monday, February 10. Conference registration ends Monday, March 2.
Registration is now open! Early bird registration specials will run until Monday, February 10. Conference registration will close Monday, March 2. We encourage institutions with more than one registrant to take advantage of special group pricing to save up to 15% on early bird registration!
Special instructions for organizational groups:
- Group registration discounts are only available during early bird registration, which ends February 10.
- Requests for codes must be submitted by Monday, February 3 and must be redeemed by Monday, February 10.
- You must use a discount code and register everyone in your group at the time of registration to be eligible for the discount. Discounts codes cannot be applied retroactively.
- To request your discount code, please email the Southern District team with the subject line "Discount Code," the number of people you intend to register from your institution, and their names.
Please note that all registrations are final, and no refunds can be issued.
Exhibitors and Sponsors
We are excited to invite you to participate as an exhibitor or sponsor at our upcoming Virtual Conference for the 2020 Southern District Region XII conference on International Education. By exhibiting or sponsoring at the Southern District Virtual Conference you will have the opportunity to highlight your commitment to international education, while connecting with decision makers and showcasing your organization’s expertise! Spots are limited! Please review our sponsorship and exhibitor levels and contact us by February 14, 2020 to secure your spot.
The list of conference sessions and schedule will be posted in early February.