The following is a list of guidelines to follow when contributing to the Network Discussion Forums.
Network.NAFSA Community Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of Network.NAFSA. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using any community within Network.NAFSA, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to post only discussions, shared files, and content that is best suited to the medium. Network.NAFSA is a great platform to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions can be submitted via General Inquiries.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in Network.NAFSA for anyone who violates these rules.
- Discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Do not challenge or attack others. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages in any discussion thread, community, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- This includes, but is not limited to, endorsements, advertisements, or promotion of products or services not affiliated with NAFSA.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in the communities and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. See the Legal Stuff below.
- Remember that other participants may reproduce postings from this site (see Legal Stuff below), and that content is not confidential.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities or libraries. Do not post the same message to multiple communities. Messages inappropriate to the community may be removed.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NAFSA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send a message to the entire community only when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- If you concur with a previous post you do not need to reiterate the same message, simply click the recommend button to acknowledge your support of the response.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the community. Instead, change your settings or to remove yourself from a community through your profile. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the community and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
Use Additional NAFSA Opportunities to Promote Jobs, Products, Services, and Events
NAFSA provides many ways to reach larger numbers of international educators and raise your profile:
- Post open positions in the Job Registry
- Join the Global Partnership Program
- Advertise in NAFSA.news, International Educator magazine, and other venues
- Exhibit at the Annual Conference & Expo
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the field of international education by NAFSA: Association of International Educators (NAFSA). NAFSA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by users. Opinions are those of the individual and do not represent NAFSA. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NAFSA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NAFSA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NAFSA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
NAFSA may monitor the site for inappropriate postings and may remove any posts it deems inappropriate. NAFSA reserves the right to moderate any and all communities.
NAFSA also reserves the right to moderate, suspend, or terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines at the sole discretion of NAFSA.