Position: On-Site CEP Workshop Organizer
Term Dates: Open throughout the year
The On-Site CEP Workshop Organizer position is available to anyone, including current Trainer Corps members, interested in and committed to coordinating a high-quality professional NAFSA training in a local community. The On-Site CEP Workshop Organizer understands that there is a specific learning need and/or information/skill gap that can be filled by organizing a NAFSA CEP Workshop for a targeted group of individuals.
On-Site CEP Workshops can be used as part of staff development trainings, campus and community programming, local, state, and district collegial meetings, graduate student programming, or as a stand-alone localized training.
As an On-Site CEP Workshop Organizer you will
- Promote NAFSA’s Trainer Corps and Core Education Program at your campus, institution or community
- Provide highly professional training that builds the International Education Professional Competencies
- Collaborate with NAFSA Trainer Corps members and NAFSA staff to meet specified professional development and training needs
Position updated December 2019
- Complete the On-Site CEP Workshop Proposal Form
- Communicate often and openly with NAFSA Professional Learning Services (PLS) staff to ensure all tasks are being accomplished in a timely manner
- Provide a time and location for a NAFSA CEP Workshop
- Coordinate the planning, preparation, and on-site logistics of the training
- Promote the On-Site CEP Workshop offering as appropriate
All NAFSA leaders are expected to foster an inclusive environment and seek to learn and understand the multicultural perspectives of the committee/team, our constituents, and stakeholders to align with the NAFSA Diversity and Inclusion Statement. An expression of leadership in this area includes:
- Engaging the committee/team to identify and implement strategies for increased personal outreach, recruitment, and onboarding for all, especially diversity-focused and underrepresented groups
- Increasing accessibility and participation from underrepresented groups, individuals, and institutions
- Expanding educational content within the committees’ purview through intentional outreach and recruitment of diverse presenters and institutional types in partnership with various NAFSA groups
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is a professional association driven by its Strategic Plan as established by the Board of Directors. The success of the association depends on the productive engagement of three key constituencies: the Board, member-leaders, and staff. Member-leaders are advocates for the association’s mission, vision, values, diversity and inclusion, and ethical principles. They align their work closely with the Board through its vice presidents and with staff to carry out the Strategic Plan. Member-leader roles are guided by objectives assigned by the Strategic Plan, by outcome accountabilities outlined in the Standing Rules, and by position descriptions for specific roles.
Varies, but it is recommended to plan at least 6-8 weeks in advance for an On-Site CEP Workshop offering. Some flexibility is given, especially if you, as a current Trainer Corps member, plan to be the trainer for the CEP Workshop.
Contact NAFSA’s Professional Learning Services to request the On-Site CEP Workshop Proposal Form and get started.
On-Site CEP Workshops can be offered at various times and locations all throughout the year, except in the lead up to and during the NAFSA Annual Conference and Regional Conferences.