Since 2003, the Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization has recognized U.S. colleges and universities that are making significant, well-planned, well-executed, and well-documented progress toward comprehensive internationalization—especially those using innovative and creative approaches.
2021 Presidential Panel
NAFSA welcomed international education leaders to a special live-streamed event featuring leaders from Simon Award-winning institutions on November 17, 2021 during International Education Week. This engaging dialogue highlighted innovative approaches to campus internationalization and the challenges facing higher education institutions today. This panel featured presidents from institutions honored with 2021 NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Awards for Campus Internationalization. Watch a replay of the event.
2021 Presidential Panelists
NAFSA was pleased to welcome leaders from five of the eight 2021 Simon Award-winning institutions to the live panel.
Leaders from 2021 Simon Award-Winning Institutions
- Paul Broadie II, PhD, President, Santa Fe College
- Darrin L. Hartness, EdD, President, Davidson-Davie Community College
- Joseph J. Helble, PhD, President, Lehigh University
- Madeline Pumariega, President, Miami Dade College
- Pamela S. Whitten, PhD, President, Indiana University
- Esther D. Brimmer, DPhil, NAFSA Executive Director and CEO
2021 Simon Award Recipients
NAFSA is pleased to recognize the eight 2021 Award-winning institutions.
- Davidson-Davie Community College
- Florida International University
- Lehigh University
- Santa Fe College
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Indiana University
- Miami Dade College
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
To learn more about the NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Award please visit: www.nafsa.org/simonaward