The Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization recognizes U.S. colleges and universities that are making significant, well-planned, well-executed, and well-documented progress toward comprehensive internationalization—especially those using innovative and creative approaches. There are two categories in which an institution can receive a Simon award, Comprehensive and Spotlight.
2020 Winning Institutions
The Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization is granted to a limited number of institutions each year - usually no more than five. The award recognizes overall excellence in internationalization efforts as evidenced in mission, strategies, programs, and results.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach Campus
- Emerson College
- United States Naval Academy
- University of California-Davis
The NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Spotlight Award is presented to no more than three institutions that highlight innovative internationalization programs and initiatives.
- Agnes Scott College for its SUMMIT Global Journeys program
- DePaul University for its Global Learning Experience program
- University of Maryland-College Park for its Year of Immigration initiative