Meet Janki Patel. She moved from India to attend the University of Houston, where she received her Doctor of Pharmacy. Now she works in the emergency department at Houston Methodist Hospital and volunteers her expertise at health fairs.
- Earned a Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Houston
- Currently, works as a pharmacist in the emergency department at Houston Methodist Hospital collaborating with other health care professionals to optimize patient care, therapy outcome, and patient safety
- Pharmacy preceptor, mentoring current students and demonstrating how to apply classroom knowledge to real-world situations
- Serves community by volunteering at health fairs administering immunizations and testing cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels
- Awarded the Houston Junior Chamber of Commerce Scholarship and served on the Dean’s Advisory Committee for the University of Houston College of Pharmacy
University of Houston