Ready to start learning? When you register, you will have 60 days to experience your content when it's convenient for you! Look for your access link in your registration receipt, on your MyNAFSA page, or by going directly to the learning portal.
For details on registering and accessing, review the FAQ page.
Education abroad is an evolving field. The adviser is required to support a wide variety of student needs throughout their education abroad experience. This self-paced course guides you through the demands often faced throughout the education abroad cycle, providing you with best practices, and tools to use in your own advising practice.
- Adapt your advising strategy to meet the changing needs of your education abroad students through six programmatic stages
- Address advising situations that advisers commonly encounter in their day-to-day work
- Work efficiently, effectively, and collaboratively to support education abroad student needs within your organization and the program destination
In each module, you will complete approximately one-two hours of interactive content. This course is divided into 7 modules. Each module will correspond to a section of the workbook and a discussion forum. You will also be asked to complete a final assessment at the end of the course.
- Duration of Access: 60 days from the date of registration. Note that extensions are rarely granted, so please ensure you have access to your content.
- Effort: 30-60 minutes per module. It will take longer depending on how much effort you put into the exercises.
- Level: Introductory
- Course Type: 100% Online (Start on the date you register and work at your own pace for 60 days)
This class requires a small amount of reading, a series of interactive modules, discussion posts, and a final assessment. To complete the course, you should:
- Go through the interactive module
- Take notes and fill out your workbook
- Respond to the discussion prompts in the forum
- Explore any of the supplemental readings that interest you
- Take the final assessment
- Mini-Quizzes throughout the modules are meant to guide learning and are not counted towards completion of the course.
- The workbook is for your own benefit, and will not be counted towards completion of the course. Please take detailed notes to refer back to in the future after you complete this course.
- The final assessment is comprised of content-related questions. Submitting the final quiz is a required element of the course in order to receive your Certificate of Participation.
Your 2021 Education Abroad Advising e-Learning Dean
Make use of a unique opportunity. Our subject matter expert, Chrissie Faupel, will be monitoring the discussion boards. If you have questions throughout the course or about situations you are currently facing, she will be ready to provide insights along with your peers.