Understanding the basics of foreign credential evaluation is a necessity for anyone who works with international students. You can better assist international students when you have a fundamental knowledge of their country’s educational credentials. These skills are a key part of the admission process of new students but are also extremely helpful in general academic and immigration advising.
- Describe fundamental credential analysis process and procedures
- Apply basic methodology and benchmarking to credentials
- Recognize and identify status/legitimacy of an institution
- Identify essential resources for effectively evaluating international credential
- Introduction and Overview
- Credential Verification
- Educational Patterns
- Programs Levels
- Units and Credits
- Calculating Credits
- Grade and Grade Point Average
Designed for those having three or fewer years of experience in the field of foreign academic credential evaluation.