Understanding the basics of foreign credential evaluation is a necessity for anyone who works with international students. You can better assist international students when you have a fundamental knowledge of their country’s educational credentials. These skills are a key part of the admission process of new students but are also extremely helpful in general academic and immigration advising.
- Describe the fundamental credential analysis process and procedures
- Apply basic methodology and benchmarking to credentials
- Recognize and identify the status/legitimacy of an institution
- Identify essential resources for effectively evaluating international credential
Ready to start learning?
Ready to start learning? When you register, you will have 60 days to experience your content when it's convenient for you! Look for your access link in your registration receipt, on your MyNAFSA page, or by going directly to the learning portal.
For details on registering and accessing, review the FAQ page.
Build Your Competencies
NAFSA International Education Professional Competencies 2.0 outline the abilities, skills, and foundational knowledge necessary for successful international educators. Learn more about NAFSA Competencies 2.0.
This learning content targets the competency category of Recruitment, Enrollment, and Advising.
This digital course is designed to provide you with asynchronous, self-paced learning where you will complete approximately three hours of interactive content. It is on-demand and available immediately after purchase. This course is divided into three (3) modules and is designed for those having three or fewer years of experience in the field of foreign academic credential evaluation.
- Duration of Access: 60 days from the date of registration.
- Time Commitment: 30-60 minutes per module.
- Level: Introductory.
- Course Type: On-Demand, self-guided.
- Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Module 2: Authenticity and Verification
- Module 3: Educational Patterns
- Module 4: Programs Levels Equivalency
- Module 5: Units and Credits
- Module 6: Calculating Credits
- Module 7: Calculating Grade Point Average