Ready to start learning? When you register, you will have 60 days to experience your content when it's convenient for you! Look for your access link in your registration receipt, on your MyNAFSA page, or by going directly to the learning portal.
For details on registering and accessing, review the FAQ page.
Understanding the basics of foreign credential evaluation is a necessity for anyone who works with international students. You can better assist international students when you have a fundamental knowledge of their country’s educational credentials. These skills are a key part of the admission process of new students but are also extremely helpful in general academic and immigration advising.
- Describe fundamental credential analysis process and procedures
- Apply basic methodology and benchmarking to credentials
- Recognize and identify status/legitimacy of an institution
- Identify essential resources for effectively evaluating international credential
- Introduction and Overview
- Credential Verification
- Educational Patterns
- Programs Levels
- Units and Credits
- Calculating Credits
- Grade and Grade Point Average
Designed for those having three or fewer years of experience in the field of foreign academic credential evaluation.