Available Registration Dates
|Event Begins||Event Ends||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|11/1/2019||11/30/2019||10/28/2019||Register Today||12/1/2019||12/31/2019||11/21/2019||Register Today||12/15/2019||1/15/2019||12/11/2019||Register Today|
This new four-week, self-paced course provides an overview of the international enrollment management cycle and effective recruitment strategies at each phase. Participants are guided through the steps required to build a successful international student recruitment plan and are given the opportunity to develop a customized recruitment plan for their institution. Topics covered include analyzing markets, evaluating recruitment strategies, collaborating with internal and external partners, and developing marketing and communications plans.
Who Should Register?
New and experienced international student recruitment and admissions professionals seeking to improve their understanding of international student recruitment plans and the international enrollment cycle.
- Identify the foundations of international student recruitment and the components of a recruitment and communications plan.
- Select recruitment strategies and methods of evaluation to meet goals.
- Identify and utilize internal and external partners to create a unified recruitment effort.
- Develop and utilize a strategic international student recruitment plan.
- Assess the return on investment (ROI) for recruiting initiatives.
Modules and Learning Outcomes
Seven self-paced modules guide international student recruitment and admissions professionals through the basics of recruiting international students, including internal and external analysis, recruitment methods, partnership development, and evaluation of recruitment efforts. Interactive content allows participants to practice selecting recruitment strategies and making decisions. This course also includes a resource guide, a companion workbook, and several self-assessments. In addition, participants will learn where to find and access key resources to continue their learning after the course concludes.
- Explain the phases of the International Enrollment Management cycle and how they affect stakeholders, students, and recruitment strategies.
- Identify the foundations of recruitment and the components of a recruitment plan.
- Conduct an Institutional Analysis that supports the development of a meaningful recruitment plan.
- Apply ethical principles to international student recruitment.
- Recognize trends and world events that impact international student mobility.
- Collect and analyze market data.
- Describe key elements of a market analysis.
- Conduct a market analysis.
- Explain critical uses of the international student recruitment plan.
- Implement recruitment plans.
- Identify recruitment strategies and methods of evaluation to meet goals.
- Connect institutional and market analysis to recruitment goals.
- Describe common methods of recruiting international students.
- Compare and contrast recruitment methods, including benefits and drawbacks.
- Select recruitment methods to achieve recruitment goals.
- Describe recruitment methods in the context of the international enrollment management cycle.
- Identify on and off-campus partners for recruiting.
- Describe how different people and organizations could support recruiting efforts.
- Determine which partners could be most effective in supporting specific recruiting strategies.
- Recognize the benefits and drawbacks of working with different partners to implement the international student recruitment plan.
- Customize and adapt communications and marketing for a specific audience.
- Develop a communication plan.
- Create a strategy for messaging across platforms.
- Select and create new international marketing materials.
- Research and evaluate marketing tools.
- Examine the communication plan and messaging flow.
- Collect and organize data on recruitment and retention efforts.
- Analyze data to determine the viability of initiatives.
- Calculate return on investment.
- Communicate the impact of recruitment efforts.