(IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
Limited Resources, Endless PossibilitiesSusan Ladika
Student enrollments are soaring in East Africa but resources are limited. To help improve education for African students, foreign institutions and organizations are creating partnerships with colleges and universities in the region.
Making a World of DifferenceKaren Leggett
Expanding Horizons at the University of OklahomaChristopher Connell
Political leaders like former Senator David Boren and former Ambassador Edward Perkins bring the world to the Sooner State's largest university.
An Afro-Caribbean "World Heritage Culture"
- Berkeley Conference Brings Together Educators for Globalization Dialogue
- Peace Corps Releases 2007 Rankings
- Commission Urges Next U.S. President to Elevate Priority of Educational Exchanges
- Foreign Language Enrollments Soar at U.S. Institutions
- Outstanding Chinese Business Schools Featured in BusinessWeek
- Public University Association Sets Forth Internationalization Strategies
- Developing Successful Short-Term Programs Abroad; Internationalizing through Interuniversity Linkages
- Book Review of A Handbook for Counseling International Students in the United States by Hemla D. Singaravelu and Mark Pope
- Student Diplomat Essay: "Identity's Shifting Sands" by Hammad Hammad
From the EditorsReviving Ancient Promise
Front LinesDemystifying Truths About International Students and Highly Skilled Immigrants
Across CulturesExpanding Horizons for Chinese Students
Kong Feng and Venie Martin
Past as Prologue1960-1969: From Kennedy's Inspirations to Fiscal Realities
VoicesEmbracing Global Education:
An interview with J. Michael Adams, president of Fairleigh Dickinson University
Education AbroadDesigning an Interdisciplinary Short-Term Program in China
Jacqueline S. McLaughlin, Nikolaos Tzafaras and John McCollough
Foreign Student AffairsDeciphering Ambiguous Regulations
Eric Kroetsch and Alisa Eland
ForumPruning Dead Wood