International Educator (IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
Recruiting's Brave New World
International competition for students is heating up world-wide, U.S. colleges and universities are expanding their outreach efforts and some are considering new and sometimes controversial methods.
Developing K–12 Education
Higher education institutions, professors, and students in the United States are reaching out to developing countries to help improve K–12 education systems and prepare their students for competition in the global workforce.
Boston University—Choosing to be Great Through Internationalization
An institution that began as a Methodist seminary has blossomed into the fourth largest U.S. private university, with one of the largest education abroad programs. Now BU has embarked on a 10-year, $1.8 billion strategic plan that embraces even greater internationalization.
From the Editors
The Promise of Wisdom
- NAFSA Prepares for Regulatory Changes and SEVIS II
- Colleges and Universities Report Cases of H1N1 Flu
- In Memoriam: Werner E. Warmbrunn, Former President of NAFSA
- Journal Probes Contemporary Issues in International Education
- Online Network Connects Chinese Research Community
- Pew Study Finds Improvement in U.S. Image Abroad
- Report Tracks Growing Number of International Branch Campuses
- First Decline in International Graduate Admissions in Five Years
- Study Abroad Valued Even in Tough Economic Times
Mandy Reinig and Penny Schouten
View From Out Here
Cost of Education: Observations of a Strike
Christopher Kurt Waters
Got Grads? International Recruiting Heats Up
Tangible Global Competency
Peter A. Coclanis
Balancing Subject Mastery and Global Competency
The Uphill Struggle
Fourth Annual Health and Insurance Supplement
Preparing Students for Good Health Abroad
By Janet Hulstrand
By Julie Friend
Preparing for terrorism, political unrest, government collapse, and armed conflict in education abroad locations.