International Educator (IE) is the flagship bimonthly magazine of NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IE maintains the highest standards of intellectual quality, editorial excellence, and design to service its readers who are working worldwide to advance international education and exchange.
All links are to PDFs.
After the Storm
The New Internship Abroad
Internships are now more important to postcollege plans than ever but today, not only are students gaining work experience at home, they are also going abroad to attain a competitive edge.
Escape to the Ivory Tower
When political asylees and refugees apply for admission to U.S. colleges and universities, they are often incorrectly treated as foreign students. But a whole different set of rules apply that international educators need to know.
UCLA: Educating Leaders for an Interconnected World
From the Editors
Scattered to the Four Winds
Advocacy—Five Years Later
Adria L. Baker
- Florida Bans Academic Travel to Five Countries
- Engaging Muslim Audiences Continues to Challenge United States
- New e-Publication Provides Guidance "By Example"
- Encouraging the Contributions of International Talent
- International Educator Takes Honors in Publishing Competition
- Tools of the Trade for IE Leaders
Transformation, Reform, and Renewal in Afghanistan
William G. Tierney
Well-Rounded Experience: Internships in Education Abroad
Strategies in Dealing With the Bologna Process
Jeannine E. Bell and Robert A. Watkins
Foreign Student Affairs
Earn While You Learn in Canada