Contact: NAFSA Media Relations, [email protected]
Washington, D.C., May 25, 2021 – Today, international education stands at a decisive moment. COVID-19 has challenged traditional approaches to strategic internationalization, and international education leaders have pivoted to survive and thrive in these unprecedented times.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators understands that today our community must pave the way to a secure future. Leaders must make thoughtful decisions to advance international education. The NAFSA Executive Internationalization Leadership e-Institute, which launched this year, provides executive-level leadership training for professionals responsible for implementing internationalization at their institutions.
The e-Institute will address four critical areas led by the following experts:
- Leadership and Strategy for Comprehensive Internationalization
- Joanna Regulska, PhD, vice provost and dean of global affairs and professor of gender, sexuality and women’s studies at the University of California, Davis
- David Di Maria, EdD, senior international officer and associate vice provost for international education at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Academic Engagement and Integration
- Hilary Landorf, PhD, executive director of the Office of Global Learning Initiatives and associate professor in the School of Education and Human Development at Florida International University
- Partnership and Outreach
- Jane Gatewood, PhD, vice provost for global engagement at the University of Rochester
“These program faculty represent excellence in international higher education and together will provide executive level training across multiple areas essential for successful leadership in internationalization,” said Esther D. Brinner, DPhil, NAFSA Executive Director and CEO. ‘The new environment poses challenges for decision-makers. I invite those responsible for implementing campus internationalization to take advantage of this innovative new program.”
Applications are now being accepted for this exciting program. Visit www.nafsa.org/einstitute for more information.
About NAFSA: Serving more than 10,000 members and international educators worldwide, NAFSA: Association of International Educators is the largest nonprofit association dedicated to international education and exchange. Visit us at www.nafsa.org/press. To learn more about our advocacy efforts on behalf of international education, visit www.nafsa.org/takeaction. Resources to guide our members on these issues can be found at www.nafsa.org/reginfo.