2021 Sponsorship Descriptions
NAFSA: Association of International Educators, the world’s largest association dedicated to international education and exchange, invites you to consider sponsorship opportunities for the NAFSA 2021 Annual Conference and Expo. This virtual event will be the most comprehensive and diverse global event attended by professionals from across the field and from around the world.
Front and Center
Opening Address Plenary: The Tuesday keynote event always features a renowned and thought-provoking global luminary. Sponsor receives opportunity for signage, acknowledgement in conference app, pre-recorded welcome, livestream watermark, recognition in all conference marketing materials, 45-second video streamed prior to this plenary and throughout the week. $45,000
Plenary Address Wednesday: NAFSA’s Wednesday plenary will bring attendees visionaries, global leaders, and other high-profile speakers. $30,000. Partial branding available at $15,000.
Latin America and Caribbean Forum: Sold.
IE Design Lab (New): This interactive community event will convene groups of international educators to apply design thinking principles in redesigning the future of international education. Participants will explore various dimensions of international education and re- envision them with each other. Post-event Report will be shared with all participants. Sponsor receives opportunity for signage, acknowledgement in conference app, pre-recorded welcome, livestream watermark, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $15,000
Symposium on Leadership: This ½ day Signature Program convenes senior-level decision makers from across the field of international education to connect, collaborate and learn about trends in transforming higher education. Sponsor receives opportunity for signage, acknowledgement in conference app, pre-recorded welcome, livestream watermark, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $12,500
Spotlight Speaker Series (New): 5-6 invited speakers on a variety of topics will serve as daily kick-off or mid-day refreshers. The speakers are diverse voices from within and beyond the field of international education – leaders and innovators in their fields. Some speakers might be local to the host city and are oftentimes nationally recognized. Sponsor receives opportunity for signage, acknowledgement in the conference app, pre-recorded welcome played prior to each speaker, livestream watermark, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $7,500 for Series sponsorship.
Sessions Tracks Concurrent (New): All daily program offerings will be categorized based on their themes. Content related to international education’s role in these topics will be showcased throughout the week. There is opportunity to underwrite one, several or all of the tracks. Sponsor(s) are recognized in the conference app, signage, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $7,500 per track; discount available for multiple tracks.
- Environmental. This track highlights sessions that consider the impact of international education on climate change and the role of international education in minimizing environmental impact, a field otherwise known for significant travel for example. This issue has received recent prominence in light of growing virtual exchanges.
- Innovation. COVID has drastically changed the landscape of international education but will these changes be here to stay? This track explores how international education practitioners have embraced virtual exchange and assessment tools, and how the field is preparing for future opportunities and challenges. Branding Innovation will provide exposure for schools or organization who are focused on creative solutions to international education challenges.
- Diversity and Inclusion. Sessions in this track will consider topics such as disability, race, and access to international education. What are current initiatives to expand international education opportunities to wider audiences? Sponsorship of this track is a prime opportunity for a sponsor to position itself as a leader in these initiatives.
- Career and Professional Development. The track will feature the theme of careers and professional development in international education. After a year of upheaval and changes in the field, this track will showcase session that address how international educators brand themselves for continuing career success.
- Latin America and the Caribbean. This session features sessions that consider the role of Latin America and the Caribbean – both English and Spanish speaking – in international education innovation. Sessions will address topics such as partnerships, pandemics, and changing political tides, among others. The track will build on conversations started as part of the Latin America and Caribbean Forum. Showcase your ties and commitment to furthering ties between these geographies.
- Regulatory. This track focuses on the theme of regulatory updates in international education. In a year that has manifested significant changes in the U.S. immigration regulatory landscape, the sessions in this track will provide guidance and information on government regulations in the U.S. and abroad. Sponsorship of this track is a prime opportunity for groups who touch issues of visas and help practitioners navigate complex regulations.
Career Center: The NAFSA Career Center provides education, support, networking, and engagement to international educators at all stages of their careers. Sessions in the Career Center will also focus on practical information to help international educators become the best qualified professionals and leaders in the field. Sponsor receives acknowledgement in the conference app, signage, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $5,000
Conference Bookstore and Author Talks (New): The virtual Bookstore will highlight new and featured products, included discounted offers for conference attendees. Visitors to the Bookstore will also be able to browse the full selection of NAFSA resources through the main NAFSA Shop. The Bookstore will host several Author Talks, including authors of some of NAFSA’s newest and most popular publications. Sponsor receives acknowledgement in the conference app, pre-recorded welcome video and/or short promotions that will play each day of the conference, opportunity to pre-record a message to be played prior to each Author Talk, signage, recognition in all conference marketing materials, an ad in NAFSA’s Spring 2021 Publications Catalogue. $10,000
NAFSA Awards (New): The NAFSA community recognizes and honors exceptional individuals in the field of international education – leaders, service to NAFSA, rising stars, lifetime achievement. In 2021, a new award will recognize impact in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Be part of this special all-conference event through this new sponsorship opportunity. Sponsor receives opportunity for signage, acknowledgement in the conference app, pre-recorded welcome, livestream watermark, recognition in all conference marketing materials. Sponsor also recognized on the NAFSA webpages for all the awards. $7,500.
Poster Fairs (New): Annual conference Poster Fairs attract thousands of participants and they run through the week of the conference. There will be 15 themed fairs: advocacy in international education; topics include model practices in international enrollment management; uses of technology and social media in international education; internationalizing the campus; assessing and evaluating international education; and more. Sponsor receives opportunity for signage, acknowledgement in the conference app, recognition in all conference marketing materials. Sponsor may also choose to have a Poster Fair table throughout the week. $7,500 for the 15 fairs.
Workshop Day: NAFSA Workshops and learning labs are intensive learning experiences for international educators on a variety of subjects. Sponsorship will include all workshops featured during Workshop Day. Sponsor receives recognition in the conference app, pre-recorded welcome, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $15,000.
Fun Social Events
These virtual social event events, all new for the 2021 annual conference, will unite and connect attendees - good vibes to carry on throughout the annual conference. Discounts for multiple fun social events sponsorships.
- Virtual Concert. This will get the party started! Participants will log on remotely for this special event. Sponsor will enjoy signage, acknowledgement in the conference app, opportunity for a pre-recorded welcome, livestream watermark, recognition in all conference marketing materials. $5,000
- Virtual Poetry Reading. Sit and reflect on the issues central to our role as global citizens. In addition to poetry, might include author talks, readings of selected sections of literature, original work by NAFSA members. (see benefits above) $5,000
- Virtual 5K/Fitness Challenge. We might be home, but we can still get conference steps in. An at-home movement activity to energize attendees. Might include a yoga session, a short stretching video, etc. Perfect opportunity for a sponsor interested in highlighting dedication to wellness initiatives, an important topic. (see benefits above) $5,000
- Wellness Videos. Take time off for some self-care in what has been a very challenging year. These are opportunities to recharge throughout the conference week. (see benefits above). $5,000.
- Virtual Tours of Orlando and Florida. While we cannot be there in person, get to know all that Orlando and Florida have to offer. This will be a behind-the-scenes experience. (see benefits above) $5,000
Conference Information Center: Sold.
Virtual Orientations: Sold.
Daily Recap E-mail (New): Every day, every attendee will receive a recap of the previous day’s activities and discussions. This is a daily opportunity to message out to all conference attendees. $10,000
Podcast (New): $10,000.
Technology, Livestream (New): $50,000
Technology, Virtual Platform (New): $70,000
Friends of the Conference: Be recognized for cash donations for general conference support. Acknowledged on signage, and in the conference app. Minimum donation: $1,000.
Annual Conference Fundraising Match: Support NAFSA and the field by providing a matching contribution for all gifts to NAFSA’s Annual Conference Campaign. Acknowledged in signage, and in the conference app. Matches are also acknowledged on the NAFSA website’s Donation Now pages. Matches start at $5,000.
If you have questions regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Gail Hochhauser.