Join us at the 75th NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo held May 30–June 2 in Washington, DC. Be a part of the most diverse, comprehensive, and exciting international education conference and exposition. Learn, network, and connect with peers and experts dedicated to "Inspiring an Inclusive Future." Save today with early bird registration and book your hotel now.
Washington , DC
Join Us at the 75th Annual Conference & Expo!
NAFSA, the world’s largest association dedicated to international education and exchange, invites you to the 75th NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo, our most exciting conference ever! Be a part of the most diverse and comprehensive global event attended by thousands of professionals from across the field. Join us in Washington, DC, a welcoming capital city rich in history and culture, from May 30 to June 2, 2023.
International educators from more than 100 nations will discover the latest innovations, proven strategies, and best practices at NAFSA 2023. Establish and build upon your institutional partnerships as we unite to build a more inclusive future. Attend sessions featuring international education leaders and changemakers across the globe. Connect with attendees and build a networks essential to your professional success.
NAFSA at 75: Inspiring an Inclusive Future
Coinciding with NAFSA’s 75th anniversary, the annual conference and expo will bring together our global community to reflect, celebrate, inspire, and create. We will honor our legacy and progress, renew our community’s mission, and commit to diversifying the voices that shape the future of the international education field for years to come.
Our goals for NAFSA 2023:
- Meet challenges by sharing lessons learned, diverse perspectives, and innovative approaches.
- Explore trends in professional development and career advancement, and advocate for the well-being of all.
- Benefit from global thought leadership and multigenerational perspectives.
- Underscore the global imperative for social justice and access, and the importance of inclusive internationalization for long-term impact on the campus, and local and global communities.
Bold Ideas and Global Perspectives
NAFSA 2023 will be a platform for global voices working together to inspire our collective future. The conference showcases bold ideas and global perspectives, connected to the conference theme:
- the role of international education in addressing social, economic, and environmental justice
- local, national, and global advocacy for community engagement and impact
- model practices for virtual, in-person, hyflex, and hybrid program design and delivery
- programs that support the health and well-being of students, faculty, and staff in the international education community
- assessment of the ongoing impact of virtual, hyflex, and hybrid learning models and programs
- the role of IE leaders in increasing inclusivity and building relationships across campus and with key stakeholders to further these efforts
- innovative approaches to managing through crises, including navigating legalities, weighing financial risk, minimizing academic disruption, and addressing ethical challenges related to global programs and operations
- research in international education as a catalyst and foundation for an inclusive future
- new skills and cross-functional competencies defining the changing profile of an “international educator” and shaping collaborative teams and communities
- transformative ideas that redefine mobility for students, faculty, and staff
- the integration and creative use of technology in international education programs and services
- management of career advancement for students and staff in a shifting job market
- maximizing cross-departmental collaboration and learning from the cross-pollination of ideas, skills, and resources
- cultivation of renewed faculty engagement in internationalization efforts and curriculum development
- new models for comprehensive, ambitious, and inclusive internationalization
Achieve Success in the Year Ahead
Find the answers you need at the 75th NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo. Through more than 200 programs, including conference sessions, the NAFSA International Education Expo, NAFSA Signature Programs, NAFSA Plenaries, Spotlight Presenters, poster fairs, peer engagement, special celebrations, and networking opportunities, you will find the partnerships, resources, and solutions your institution or organization needs. Explore the program and event details today, and check back for exciting updates!
Health & Safety
NAFSA follows COVID-19 safety protocols as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the local ordinances of the District of Columbia, which currently do not require proof of vaccination or masking. Should the mandates change, NAFSA reserves the right to adjust conference attendance policies accordingly.
NAFSA strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccination and boosters, as vaccines are recommended as a proven way to prevent the threat of critical illness. Many attendees may still choose to wear masks indoors, and we ask that all attendees respect those who elect to do so. NAFSA recommends attendees self-test before leaving home for the conference. If you feel ill on-site, please remain in your hotel room and test to determine your health status.