NAFSA 2023 Annual Conference Committee (ACC)
The Executive Team provides vision and oversight and ensures the conference is aligned with NAFSA’s strategic plan. They set content and networking priorities for the conference, including both concurrent sessions and poster events. They lead the content planning meeting to review the program submitted by the Conference Content Team and, with their help, engineer or re-engineer sessions, seminars, and workshops to meet content goals. In addition, they evaluate data from the previous year’s conference to inform their goals for the upcoming conference.
- Conference Chair: Margaret Wiedenhoeft, Kalamazoo College
- Content Chair: Jennifer Creamer, Robert Morris University
- Content/Workshop Coordinator: C.K. Kwai, Cleveland State University
- Poster Chair: Misty Wilson, IELTS USA
- Chair-Designate, 2024 Annual Conference Committee: Jenny Bowen, Indiana University-Bloomington
- Vice President for Scholarship and Institutional Strategy: Ahmad Ezzeddine, Wayne State University
- President of the Board of Directors: LaNitra Berger, George Mason University
The Content Team develops a content plan for the conference and helps shape the Call for Proposals. They solicit and review proposals for sessions, poster events, and workshops that fit the conference theme and advance knowledge and skill-building for the field of international education and exchange. Each team member develops a ranked set of session and workshop proposals for their respective audience group to contribute to the creation of a coherent, comprehensive, and cutting-edge program. The team reviews and organizes posters under the direction of the Poster Chair.
- Education Abroad Knowledge Community Representative: Mariette Thomas, Loyola University New Orleans
- International Education Leadership Knowledge Community Representative: Jiangyuan (JY) Zhou, Stockton University
- International Enrollment Management Knowledge Community Representative: Katie Jabri, Concordia University, St. Paul
- International Student and Scholar Services Knowledge Community Representative: Rose Francois, Enroot Education
- Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship Knowledge Community Representative: Ling LeBeau, Syracuse University