2019 Preconference Workshops
Attend an informative Core Education Program (CEP) preconference workshop and earn a certificate of completion from NAFSA. CEP Workshops introduce best practices and in-depth exploration of job-specific skills in areas including international student advising, education abroad, and international admissions, perfect for professionals who wish to deepen their current skills, acquire skills in a specialized area, or gain cross-cutting functional skills. Workshops are either four or eight hours of training; attendees receive training and materials.
- ISSS: F-1 Student Advising for Beginners (full day)
- ISSS: F-1 Student Advising: Intermediate (full day)
- ISSS: J-1 Advising: Intermediate (full day)
- ISSS: US Visa and Entry Process for Students and Scholars (half day)
- TLS: Assessment and Evaluation for International Educators (full day)
- EA: Collaborative Approaches to Developing Faculty-Led Programs (full day)
- EA: Internships, Research, and Service Learning Abroad (half day)
- IEM: Recruiting International Students (half day)
In addition, NAFSA Region VII has developed an invigorating workshop on best practices for comprehensive internationalization and networking among Region VII’s HBCU's and MSI's. There are four $50 grants to attend the HBCU Forum, which is not a CEP Workshop.
HBCU Forum (half day)
|Full Day Workshop||$350||$450||$250|
|Half Day Workshop||$275||$375||$150|
* Full time students only and not yet working in the field.