The NAFSA Core Education Program (CEP) is focused on building the foundational competencies within our field.
For professionals who wish to deepen their current skills, acquire skills in a specialized area, or gain cross-cutting functional skills, NAFSA CEP Workshops introduce model practices and in-depth exploration of job-specific skills in areas including international student advising, education abroad, and international enrollment management.
Each workshop is an organized live synchronous training and uses a core curriculum and materials so that key content areas are covered consistently regardless of venue. Participants in the workshops receive a certificate of completion from NAFSA. Workshops are delivered by Trainer Corps members.
Workshop and Current Topics Learning Lab Schedule
NAFSA is pleased to offer virtual Core Education Workshops and Current Topics Learning Labs throughout the year. The live workshops and labs are designed to meet the diverse needs of international education professionals. And, the workshops will welcome participants from the U.S. and abroad.
Full Catalog of NAFSA CEP Workshops
- Education Abroad: Critical Skills for the Adviser
- Collaborative Approaches to Developing Faculty-Led Programs
- Risk Assessment and Crisis Management in Education Abroad Programming
- Student Health and Safety Abroad
- Management Essentials for Education Abroad Offices
- Internships, Research, and Service Learning Abroad
- Health and Safety Management for Secondary School Programs Abroad
International Enrollment Management
- International Credential Evaluation: Secondary-Level Credentials
- International Credential Evaluation: Post-Secondary-Level Credentials
- A Primer on U.S. Immigration Concepts
- Essentials of International Credential Evaluation
- Recruiting International Students
- Admission and Placement of International Students
International Student & Scholar Services
- Strategies for International Student and Scholar Advising
- Programming Design for International Educators
- Employment-Based Permanent Residence
- F-1 Student Advising for Beginners
- F-1 Student Advising: Intermediate
- F-1 Advising: Secondary Students
- J-1 Advising for Beginners
- J-1 Advising: Intermediate
- Filing Academic H-1B Petitions
- Principles of Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance
- U.S. Visa and Entry Process for Students and Scholars
Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship
This signature learning and professional skills development system enables you to continuously assess your needs, develop personal learning plans, and track your growth and achievement throughout your professional career.