Workshops for new and experienced practitioners
For professionals who wish to deepen their current skills, acquire skills in a specialized area, or gain cross-cutting functional skills, NAFSA's Core Education Program (CEP) Workshops introduce best practices and in-depth exploration of job-specific skills in areas including international student advising, education abroad, and international admissions.
Each workshop is organized around 4 or 8 hours of training and uses a core curriculum and materials so that key content areas are covered consistently regardless of venue. Participants in the workshops receive a certificate of completion from NAFSA. Workshops are delivered by Trainer Corps members.
CEP workshops are offered at NAFSA's annual conference, regional conferences, and on-site as requested.
Virtual Core Education Workshops and Current Topics Learning Labs
NAFSA is pleased to offer virtual Core Education Workshops and Current Topics Learning Labs in October – December, 2020. The live workshops and labs are designed to meet the diverse needs of international education professionals. And, the workshops will welcome participants from the U.S. and abroad.
Workshops by Knowledge Community
- Education Abroad: Critical Skills for the Adviser
- Collaborative Approaches to Developing Faculty-Led Programs
- Risk Assessment and Crisis Management in Education Abroad Programming
- Student Health and Safety Abroad
- Management Essentials for Education Abroad Offices
- Internships, Research, and Service Learning Abroad
- Health and Safety Management for Secondary School Programs Abroad
International Student and Scholar Services
- Strategies for International Student and Scholar Advising
- Programming Design for International Educators
- Employment-Based Permanent Residence
- F-1 Student Advising for Beginners
- F-1 Student Advising: Intermediate
- F-1 Advising: Secondary Students
- J-1 Advising for Beginners
- J-1 Advising: Intermediate
- Filing Academic H-1B Petitions
- Principles of Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance
- U.S. Visa and Entry Process for Students and Scholars
International Enrollment Management
- International Credential Evaluation: Understanding the Essentials
- International Credential Evaluation: Secondary-Level Credentials
- International Credential Evaluation: Post-Secondary-Level Credentials
- A Primer on U.S. Immigration Concepts
- Recruiting International Students
- Admission and Placement of International Students
Bring a NAFSA Workshop to You
NAFSA offers any of our CEP workshops onsite by request. Trained by NAFSA Trainer Corps members, onsite workshops are a great option to get critical skills at a time and place that's convenient for you. The workshop can be private to your staff, or you can open it up to your city, state, or region!