|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|April 6 - 8, 2022||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Register Today|
This essential training, geared for the new Responsible Officer or Alternate Responsible Officer, covers all of the basic regulatory aspects of the J Exchange Visitor Program. New advisers will gain a relevant overview of the current regulatory issues as well as the opportunity to think through how these concepts are applied to your specific educational context.
- Describe principle components and characteristics of the Exchange Visitor Program.
- Identify resources to assist with J program administration.
- Resolve basic exchange visitor issues, problems, and situations.
- Understanding the J program
- Introduction to SEVIS
- DS-2019 preparation
- Sending pre-arrival information
- Obtaining J-1 status
- Maintaining J status
- Work authorization
- Two-year home country residence requirement
- J-2 dependents
- Extensions, transfers, and end of program issues
What Participants Are Saying
- "Great workshop. I both learned new things and also had regulations re-enforced." - Annual Conference participant
- "This was my very first introduction to information about J-1. They laid out the basics, including general vocabulary, which really helped me." - Annual Conference participant
- "The encouragement of table discussions helped me learn from experiences that others had, as well as things to look out for! I enjoyed the conversation." - Annual Conference participant
- "This session was great. The trainers were patient, respectful of each other and the trainees, and very entertaining...the day flew by! I feel confident to advise J-1 students/scholars/etc. in my role. I think the biggest takeaway was gaining new colleagues in the trainers to ask questions to in the future." - Annual Conference workshop participant
- "Good overview of the basic of the J program with hints at more advanced knowledge." - Annual Conference participant
- "The trainers did a wonderful job of balancing the content with thoughtful participant engagement and useful small group exercises." - On-site workshop participant
International student and scholar advisers, new Responsible Officers (RO) and Alternate Responsible Officers (ARO), and administrators working with an existing J-1 program.