|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|March 16 - 17, 2023||2:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Registration Closed|
Take your knowledge beyond the essentials and delve into the key components of post-secondary-level credentials. Knowing the details for transfer and graduate student credentials are important for those working with international graduate students. This workshop provides guided practice of analyzing credentials with expert trainers so that you can feel confident in applying the skills in your institutional context.
- Apply basic methodology and benchmarking to post-secondary-level credentials
- Convert international grades to U.S. equivalents
- Convert credits from credit-based, hours-based, marks-based, and outcome-based credentials
- Calculate Grade Point Average
- Introduction and Overview
- Credits-based credentials
- Hours-based credentials
- Marks-based credentials
- Outcomes-based credentials
What Participants Are Saying
- "I came away having learned quite a lot about credential evaluation, including some new perspectives that will help me implement new (or changes to existing) philosophies I'm currently using in my job." - NAFSA Annual Conference participant
- "It was relevant to my work and provided me with more detailed information that I did not already know." - NAFSA Annual Conference participant
- "The workshop was strongest in presenting a perfunctory overview of each of the four methods of converting credits from abroad." - NAFSA Annual Conference participant
Designed for admissions personnel processing transfers admissions and for those processing graduate admissions having three or fewer years of experience in the field of foreign academic credential evaluation. Prior completion of International Credential Evaluation: Understanding the Essentials is recommended.
Build Your Competencies
NAFSA International Education Professional Competencies 2.0 outline the abilities, skills, and foundational knowledge necessary for successful international educators. Learn more about NAFSA Competencies 2.0.
This learning content targets the competency category of Recruitment, Enrollment, and Advising.