|Event Date||Event Time||Registration Deadline||Registration|
|September 29 - October 1, 2021||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Register Today|
A foundational overview for professionals new to the H-1B petition process. Learn key regulatory information from experts in the field who provide guidance and insights into the common pitfalls that come with these petitions. This workshop helps you prepare the petition and also learn model practices from other institutions on creating efficient and consistent hiring processes for your own campus.
- Assemble an H-1B petition including establishing eligibility, determining prevailing wage, and filing essential documentation.
- Reference relevant sources of authority and regulatory guidance to ensure compliance when filing H-1B petitions.
- Advise your institutions and international employees on H-1B obligations and responsibilities.
- Foundations of H-1B
- Filing and follow up
What Participants Are Saying
- "This was a new area for me and the instructors covered every base when discussing this topic. I was someone with no knowledge of the H1B process and left confident that I could handle the process." - Annual Conference workshop participant
- "The workshop did a very good job giving the "big picture" of filing an H-1B. The workbook and examples presented were very helpful." - Annual Conference workshop participant
- "I will be starting a new role which will require me to file H1B applications. This workshop provided me a great foundation of information for me to start my new job. In addition, the workbook will be a great resource to go back to if I have any questions." - Regional Conference workshop participant
International student and scholar advisers who have never filed H-1B petitions and/or who are very new to the H-1B program.