Region I All-Region Summit Content
Region I Schedule-at-a-Glance
We look forward to seeing you on October 18 and October 19 for the Region I program at the NAFSA All-Region Summit! Please view the schedule below for a list of Region I sessions and events. All events listed on the schedule are included in the price of registration.
Please Note: All information listed below is subject to change – check back regularly for the latest schedule and details about Region I events and sessions.
Day 1: Monday, October 18, 2021, 9:00am (PT) – 2:00pm (PT)
- 9:00AM - 12:00 PM: Concurrent Sessions:
- Evolution of the Role of Agents in International Recruitment
- Learning from One Another: Lessons From A Year of Mentorship
- Student Career Readiness Through Collaboration Between HigherEd and Internship Provider
- Holistic Advising: To Admissions and Beyond... Graduation
- Podcasting as a Networking and Research Tool
- SEVIS Registration Reporting Best Practices
- Advocacy 101
- Reaching Through The Computer: Best Practices for Digital Communication
- Reframing Purpose: Infusing Social Justice Into Your Work in ISSS
- 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Lunch Zoom
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- Networking Time - TBD
Day 2: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 2:00pm (PT) – 7:00pm (PT)
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Concurrent Sessions:
- Advising Strategies for International Students
- Promising Practices for J-1 Scholars
- Video Production for Dummies (and International Educators)
- OPT In: OPT Processes and Practices
- Path to PR: advising through F, J and H visas
- Pivot!: The Twist and Turns of Virtual Outreach During COVID
- ISSS and Conduct Offices
- OPT & CPT in the Community College World.
- What's normal about Normal Progress?
- 5:00 - 6:30 PM
- Happy Hour Zoom & Trivia
- 6:30 - 7:00 PM
- Networking Time - TBD
Each year, the fall season is marked as a time for NAFSAns across the United States to convene for professional development and networking at fall Regional Conferences. To assess the prospect of in-person conferences in 2021, NAFSA staff conducted extensive research, reviewed NAFSA regional leader feedback, and consulted liability experts. Based on our findings, and especially the deep concern for the safety of our community, the NAFSA Board of Directors has concluded that we will not convene our constituents in person for fall Regional Conferences. This was a challenging decision especially as we see the vaccine rollout continue, though our commitment to the health and safety of our community remains steadfast.
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the main landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region I’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage.