Region I Grants
Conference Travel Grants
NAFSA Region I supports colleagues who wish to advance their professional development by attending regional conference activities by offering a travel grant that will help defray the costs of attendance. The amount of the award will vary year to year depending on costs with a maximum award at $750. Deadline is August 1, 2019.
In order of priority, criteria for travel grants include:
- Must reside in Region I and be currently working, studying, or volunteering in international education
- Participation in training or other activities that will prepare you to contribute to Region I
- Agree to the grant expectations and sign the form
- NAFSA Membership (not required but preferred)
- First time recipients of a Region I Travel Grant (not required but preferred)
- Session Presenters (not required but preferred)
Previous Travel Grant Recipients
Learn more about the experience of attending the Regional Conference through these reports from our travel grant recipients.
NAFSA Region I Advocacy Day Grant
NAFSA Region I Advocacy Day Grants are awarded to those living within NAFSA Region I (must be registered to vote in a Region I state). Travel and registration costs will be reimbursed up to $750. Priority may be given to applicants from states that did not receive grants the previous year. Individuals from all states in Region I are encouraged to apply, however, as funds will be dispersed until no longer available. The application deadline is December 15, 2019. Winners will be notified in the new year, prior to the early bird deadline.
Please contact Kristin Evans, the Region I Treasurer, with questions.
- Reimbursement requests should be submitted no later than 10 days after the event ending.
- The following will be covered:
- Airfare, train tickets, hotel and rental car expenses should be accompanied by the detailed receipt showing a balance of zero or paid in full.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of .565/mile. Please include a copy of the map showing the mileage.
- Meals are reimbursed at the federal per diem rate for the city where the event took place. Receipts are not required for the per diem rates, but please include it on the reimbursement form. Meals included in the event program will not be reimbursed. Please include a schedule of events showing the meals provided with your reimbursement form.
- Reimbursement requests can be submitted in person, by email or by postal mail.