Get Involved in Region VII
NAFSA leadership and volunteers are essential to sustaining Region VII's strength and experience in the field of international education. The Region VII team is comprised of leaders who volunteer their time to ensure we have an excellent, representative and diverse annual regional conference. Stepping up to a leadership position is also a great way to further your professional development and personal growth. Please consider joining our team!
Applying To Join The Team
To apply for an open team position - including Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) Chair or Co-Chair positions - please complete the Region VII Leadership Team Application. A list of all Region VII team positions and their descriptions is below, including current and future openings.
Applicants to team positions should also submit a current CV / resume and a letter of support from their supervisor to the current NAFSA Region VII Chair.
Future or Current Region VII Leadership Team Positions
- CV / Resume
- Commitment / support letter from your home institution / employer
Note: Those interested in State Rep. positions should contact their State-level associations, which are linked at the bottom of About NAFSA Region VII.
Deadline: July 20, 2020. All applicants to be notified of decision by mid-August.
- Chair-Elect (Chair for 2022 Charlotte Conference)
- Conference Planner Apprentice
- KC International Student and Scholar Liaison
- Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) Co-Chairs for Puerto Rico 2021 Region VII Conference (2 positions)
Leadership Team Roles & Descriptions
- Past Chair
- Conference Planner & Conference Planner Apprentice
- Communications Coordinator
- Development Coordinator
Knowledge Community (KC) & Advocacy Representatives
- Regulatory Ombudsperson for Scholar Issues
- Regulatory Ombudsperson for Student Issues
- KC Education Abroad Liaison
- KC International Student & Scholar Services Liaison
- HBCU-MSI Representative *msi = minority serving institution
- Two-Year College Representative
- IEL/TLS Representative
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico/UVI
- South Carolina
Volunteering at our Regional Conference
If you're looking for short-term volunteer position at our regional conference, or you're not ready to join the leadership team, please use the Region VII Team Interest Form. Also use this form if you're interested in being part of the Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) when our conference comes to your state. You will also be able to indicate your interest in volunteering at the conference during the registration process for the conference.