NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Communications and Information Technology Rep Position Description
Term: 3 years, renewable once
Appointment: By the Regional Chair
- A NAFSA member
- A commitment to the field of international educational exchange shown
through institutional philosophy and policy and/or through the operation of recognized programs related to the field.
- Strong computer skills.
- Interest in Technology related issues.
- Experience in international educational in their area of specialization.
- A demonstrated commitment to the concept of professional development through participation in conferences and workshops.
- Knowledge of publication software and experience producing brochures for conferences and events. Experience and interest in international education preferred.
- Serve as list administrator/moderator for Region XI, Region XI Team, and Region XI GRAC list serves
- Manage Region XI Web page and ensure web page meets NAFSA's "Web" standards for Sectional and Regional Web Sites"
- Manage Region XI's internet service provider contract.
- Provide expertise for the Region XI Team on technology-related issues.
- Serve as liaison for the region to the national COMINFO Committee.
- Assume overall responsibility for COMINFO programming at the regional conference and for technology-related workshops.
- Work with Region Team, members, advertisers, and printers to create annual conference brochure. Brochure production begins in mid-July and ends approximately in mid-October.
- Create online pre-conference booklet (pre-conference "mailer") with information on conference sessions, hotel and conference registration.
- Participate in regional team meetings to represent publication interests and work with team members.
- Serve on the Conference Planning Team and assist with conference events as needed.
- Help the Regional Chair Stream in identifying potential candidates for the next term.
- Attend Region XI Leadership workshop and meetings.