James Leck Distinguished Service Award
The James Leck Distinguished Service Award is named in honor of James Leck who was a mentor to many involved in international education and a colleague to many more.
Nominees for this award must have been an active member of NAFSA Region XI for at least five (5) years, and must have contributed to Region XI in a significant manner or completed a special service for the region.
The James Leck Distinguished Service Award includes a plaque and a monetary gift recommended at a level of $250 per recipient, with a maximum of two awards granted in any given year. In the event that the recipient is an employee of the federal government or can be seen to have a conflict of interest, no monetary award will be included.
The official presentation of the award will be made at the regional conference.
- 1997 - Milena Levak (MIT), Danielle Guichard-Ashbrook (MIT)
- 1999 - Kate Baty (MIT), Kathy Ford (UVM)
- 2000 - Susan Mack (Brandeis U.), Alice Hance (Dartmouth College), Dominica Cipollone (Southern Maine U.)
- 2001- William Hoffa (Academic Consultants International), Parker Emerson (Harvard)
- 2003 - Carol Moran-Brown (Champlain College)
- 2004 - Alice Thayer (retired, St. Michael's College), John Fleming, Darryl Zeigler (Bentley College)
- 2005 - Daphne Durham (Suffolk University), Linda Drake Gobbo (SIT)
- 2007 - James Leck (Boston University), Sue Atkins (University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth)
- 2008 - Robin V. Catmur (Dartmouth College)
- 2010 - Ken Reade (Dartmouth College), Dawn Sedutto (Southern New Hampshire U.)
- 2011 - Steve Hopkins (Cultural Insurance Services International), John Deziel (University of New Hampshire)
- 2012 - Richard Iandoli (Iandoli and Desai, P.C.), Andrea Hogan (Quinnipiac University)
- 2013 - Amy Daly Gardner (Clark University)
- 2014 - Mihwa Lee (UConn), Caroline Gear (The International Language Institute of Massachusetts)
- 2015 - Sora Friedman (SIT)
- 2016 - Lynn Walters Rekhi (Broad Institute)
- 2017 - Jamie Kendrioski (Babson College)