NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Rising Professional Award
This award recognizes a NAFSA member employed in the field of international education for fewer than five (5) years, who has demonstrated a notable commitment to the field through professional or volunteer activities, and who is active in NAFSA at the regional and/or national level. This recipient of this award will automatically be nominated for a Rising Professional award at the national level.
This award includes a plaque and a monetary gift of $100 to be used for professional development. In the event that the recipient is an employee of the federal government or can be seen to have a conflict of interest, no monetary award will be included.
The official presentation of the award will be made at the regional conference.
- 2020 - Emily Nagle (Academic Programs International) View Emily's nomination video
- 2019 - Lauren (Lo) Chow (Babson College)
- 2018 - Mary Struzska-Tyamayev (Simmons University)
- 2017 - Alisia Engle (CAPA)
- 2016 - Ilse Damkoehler (Emerson College)
- 2015 - Emily Keizer (School One)
- 2014 - Meaghan Murphy (University of Hartford)
- 2013 - John Crisafulli (Babson College)
- 2012 - Lindsey Hery (Endicott College)
- 2011 - Katherine Jacobs (Providence College)
- 2010 - Rae Barter (University of Connecticut)
- 2009 - Catherine Sacco (Rhode Island School of Design)
- 2008 - Patty Doherty (Clark University)
- 2006 - Bryan McAllister-Grande (Clark University)
- 2005 - Destiny Dudley (American International College)