The Regional Affairs Committee (RAC) is a national committee composed of the immediate Past Chair of each regional leadership team, led by the RAC Chair.
RAC members oversee a portfolio of work identified from the outcomes and accountability of RAC per the NAFSA Standing Rules, including facilitating the alignment of activities between the regional and the national level. Members are expected to contribute to a work plan that contributes to the overall initiatives of the association.
Per the NAFSA Standing Rules, members of this committee are the Past Chairs of the eleven (11) regions.
Regional Past Chairs have previously held the roles of Regional Chair and Regional Chair-Elect, and are elected or appointed by the regional leadership. Please review the application processes and timelines to join the chair stream for each region, as they may vary. Contact regional leadership members directly if you have any questions.
- Region I: Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington
- Region II: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
- Region III: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region IV: Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Region V: Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin
- Region VI: Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio
- Region VII: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Region VIII: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region X: New Jersey and New York
- Region XI: Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region XII: California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands