Position: Trainer Corps Application Reviewer
Term Dates: Recruitment in December, two week term in January
Current members of Trainer Corps are asked each year to review new and renewing member applications to Trainer Corps as part of a larger application review team made up of Trainer Corps members, NAFSA Regional Leaders as well as Knowledge Community Leaders. As part of the Trainer Corps community, being part of the application review team allows Trainer Corps members to share a voice in building vibrant and dynamic community.
As a Trainer Corps Application Reviewer you will
- Officially represent and promote NAFSA’s Trainer Corps and the NAFSA Core Education Program
- Enhance leadership skills
- Influence the priorities and components of the overall NAFSA Trainer Corps Program
- Collaborate with NAFSA Regional and Knowledge Community leaders
- Contribute your leadership and expertise to the field of international education
Position updated December 2019
Applications are not currently being accepted.
- Virtual participation in asynchronous Preparation Program is required
- Review assigned new and/or renewing Trainer Corps applications in timely manner
- Score each application based on provided rubric
- Make recommendation to accept or not into Trainer Corps
- Make recommendations for CEP Workshops to be assigned to profile if accepted
- Provide feedback on process to Trainer Corps chair and NAFSA Professional Learning Services staff
All NAFSA leaders are expected to foster an inclusive environment and seek to learn and understand the multicultural perspectives of the committee/team, our constituents, and stakeholders to align with the NAFSA Diversity and Inclusion Statement. An expression of leadership in this area includes:
- Engaging the committee/team to identify and implement strategies for increased personal outreach, recruitment, and onboarding for all, especially diversity-focused and underrepresented groups
- Increasing accessibility and participation from underrepresented groups, individuals, and institutions
- Expanding educational content within the committees’ purview through intentional outreach and recruitment of diverse presenters and institutional types in partnership with various NAFSA groups
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is a professional association driven by its Strategic Plan as established by the Board of Directors. The success of the association depends on the productive engagement of three key constituencies: the Board, member-leaders, and staff. Member-leaders are advocates for the association’s mission, vision, values, diversity and inclusion, and ethical principles. They align their work closely with the Board through its vice presidents and with staff to carry out the Strategic Plan. Member-leader roles are guided by objectives assigned by the Strategic Plan, by outcome accountabilities outlined in the Standing Rules, and by position descriptions for specific roles.
Less than one month
A call for Application Reviewers will be sent to the entire Trainer Corps community in late November or early December with a link to express interest.
Reach out to NAFSA’s Professional Learning Services to learn more
The Application Review team begins the review process by mid-January and must complete reviews by specified date in late January or early February.