Day of Action 2022
NAFSA’s Day of Action was a great success! Learn more about the event, the messages our advocates carried to their lawmakers, and how you can add your voice.
NAFSA remains committed to engaging a broad audience in all levels of advocacy all year long. Sign up to receive our Connecting our World email newsletter to ensure you're informed of those opportunities. If you're brand-new to advocacy, join us for an in-person workshop at NAFSA 2022 in Denver on May 31: NAFSA Advocacy 101: Making the Case for International Education Year-Round. Register now! www.nafsa.org/2022workshops.
Day of Action Program
The all-virtual event includes:
- Orientation -- March 3, 2022, 2:00 p.m. ET - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Briefing on issues and requests of Congress
- Virtual meeting practice sessions
- Advocate of the Year announcement
- Networking mixer
- Day of Action -- March 9, 2022, 9:30 a.m. ET - 4:30 p.m. ET
- Group convening for last-minute updates/questions
- Virtual congressional meetings (exact timing TBD)
- Group debrief and planning for year-round advocacy
Advocate of the Year
Meet NAFSA's 2022 Advocate of the Year: Alexis M. Akagawa. The Advocate of the Year Award recognizes a NAFSA member who exhibits excellence in international education advocacy, inspiring others to make a difference by engaging with elected officials and promoting policies that support creating a more welcoming and globally engaged United States. Look for more information in winter 2023 announcing the nomination period for the 2023 Advocate of the Year.