Meet Daniel Drummond. While he was studying film at Chapman University as an international student, his thesis project made him the first-ever Chapman recipient of a Student Academy Award. By returning to his home country of Brazil during his studies, he also revitalized the film and arts community in his home town.
- Earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Digital Arts at Chapman University
- Currently, studying to complete a Master of Fine Arts degree in Film Production at Chapman University
- Directorial debut of a live-action project, “A Foreman,” nominated for a 2017 Student Academy Award
- Undergraduate thesis project, “Chiaroscuro,” won the Gold Medal at the 42nd Student Academy Awards, making him the first-ever Chapman recipient of a Student Academy Award
- Returns regularly to Brazil to teach filmmaking workshops, participate in film festivals, and collaborate with local filmmakers