SEVP prepared training slides to present the changes included in SEVIS 5.10, scheduled for release on August 8, 2008. Changes to JF/M functionality in this release include:
- New functionality for F-1 Student change of status requests to H-1B
- In SEVIS RTI, the CIP code will display for majors and minors
- In SEVIS RTI, pending change of status request can be seen and accessed more conveniently
- In SEVIS RTI and Batch, OPT can be requested for an F-1 student up to and including 60 days beyond the Program End Date, but the requested OPT employment start date cannot be greater than 61 days beyond the program end date. [NAFSA note: The post-completion OPT Form I-765 must still be received no later than 60 days beyond the program end date, or 30 days after the date OPT was recommended in SEVIS, whichever is sooner.]
- A next session start date that is greater than the program end date can now be entered.
- A new I-20 reprint reason of "Updated" is available. The reason "Updated" is meant to be used after a change of status from F-1 to H-1B is received from CLAIMS so that the student will have an updated copy of Form I-20.
- Country Lists/Tables are updated to add Saint Martin and Saint Barthelemy and to rename East Timor to Timor-Leste.