Effective July 1, 2009 the UK Border Agency (UKBA) at the British Consulate General in Los Angeles is offering a by appointment only walk-in service for PBS Tier 4 students at the following times:
July 1, 2009 - September 30, 2009
Tuesday - Thursday 10:00 - 11:00am only (no late arrivals will be admitted)
The UKBA will continue to accept Tier 4 applications at UCLA until June 30, 2009 (see below).
From 2-30 June 2009, the Visa Section at the British Consulate-General in Los Angeles is offering PBS Tier 4 students and student visitor applicants only, the opportunity to PERSONALLY submit their applications to Visa Section staff at the UCLA Campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE STUDYING AT UCLA TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Visa Section Staff will be available to accept applications for the month of June:
- On Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm
- On Thursdays from 10am to 12pmMurphy Hall
Main UCLA Administrative Building
International Education Office
Room B300 (Basement Level)
Charles Young Drive
In order to submit your application, you will need to demonstrate that:
The UKBA will accept all complete applications and process within 24 to 48 hours. Please note that they cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued. Passports and any other documentation will be returned.
- You have completed an on-line application to the visa section in Los Angeles for PBS Tier 4. We will also accept student visitor applications from non-US nationals.
- You have paid the fee and return postage ($12) on-line.
- You have had your biometrics taken at one of the 129 Application Support Centres in the US.
- You have your original passport and original supporting documents (see separate list below).