In this FAQ, USCIS clarifies the federal register notice requiring biometrics for Reentry Permits for lawful permanent residents who will be outside the U.S. for more than one year, as well as refugee travel documents. The FAQ discusses:
- Biometrics fee of $80 is required for any I-131 mailed after 3/5/08
- Requesting an expedited adjudication of Form I-131
- Rule does not apply to advance parole applications (although these do require photographs)
- E-filing is not currently available for a re-entry permit or a refugee travel document
- Applicants filing for re-entry permits must be physically present in the United States
- Documents needed for a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) who will be out of the US for more than 1 year to reenter the U.S.