"USCIS is now issuing employment and travel authorizations on a single card for certain Adjustment of Status applicants. The new I-766 card looks a lot like the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but includes text that reads “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” The new card is also more secure and durable. An applicant may receive this card when he/she files an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing Form I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EADs and Advance Parole documents as needed. Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing Form I-9. This card allows an applicant for adjustment of status to travel abroad and return to the U.S. without abandoning the pending adjustment application. The traveler must present the card to request parole through the port-of-entry."