Throughout the year, NAFSA works with numerous experienced international educators to conduct live, online chats.
Upcoming Live Chats
Pre-departure Orientations for Secondary SchoolsSeptember 26, 2019
Secondary school pre-departure orientation (PDO) programs have many things in common with university level PDOs. However, additional information needs to be covered as the participants are often minors under the legal age of 18. This mandates that for all intents and purposes they are under the care of the faculty or administrator leading the education abroad experience. Join us for a text-based Q&A session with experts from the field of secondary school education abroad programs.
Supporting Sponsored Students from Pre-Arrival Through GraduationOctober 15, 2019
In this text-based chat session, we will explore different ideas that provide support, leadership training, and programming for students with a scholarship. We will discuss and share how universities can work with scholarship providers to enhance the student’s experience and give back to the community. Join panelists to ask questions about providing additional support and leadership opportunities for students with scholarships.
- Emotional Support Animals in Education Abroad - Education Abroad
- Model Practices in Education Abroad Heritage Programming
- The Art of Advising Artists - International Student and Scholar Services
- Community Members Joining Faculty Led Education Abroad Programs: Yea or Nay? - Education Abroad
- Surviving Tax Season: What International Student and Scholar Advisers Need to Know - International Student and Scholar Services
- Hiring for Diversity: Strategies to Strengthen Recruitment and Hiring Efforts - Career Development
- Managing Expectations and Navigating Student Identity Abroad - Education Abroad
- Strategies for Supporting International Students on Satellite Campuses International Student and Scholar Services
- Spanish Visas for Education Abroad Programs - Education Abroad
- Education Abroad Visas for France - Education Abroad
- Discussing Issues of U.S. Diversity with International Students and Scholars - International Student and Scholar Services
- Discovering Opportunities and Strategies in Sponsored Program Administration - International Enrollment Management
- Managing Institutional Risks and Expectations Associated with Joint and Dual Degrees - International Enrollment Management
Become a NAFSA Member
Build your advantage with a NAFSA membership. Continuously enhance your skills, knowledge, and ability to succeed. Do it for yourself and for your institution or organization.